Supervision entry level position reporting directly to the Assembly Shop Operations Manager he/she will support production to Assembly , Fab and Plating Departments, as per assigned area. Provide direction and supervision to all areas in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role, the person will work within defined parameters under the direction/discretion of the MSO to take decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-te
- Support/guide Assembly hourly employees under Production Manager and MSO.
- Drive daily schedule attainment to meet all internal & external customer commitments with top quality at the lowest cost, implement strategy to reduce cycle times, drive VCP, reduce in-process inventory levels, & improve quality, service and safety.
- Achieve highest levels of internal/external Customer Service.
- Coordinates daily production, achieving desired levels of efficiency and meeting production schedule.
- Implement and sustain Standard work after Lean changes.
- Responsible for Kan Ban maintenance.
- Coordinate and perform Kronos system daily changes for payroll accuracy purposes.
- Develop and maintain a positive and respectful work climate; foster sound relationships to meet production objectives.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely fashion, including time cards, vacation planning, absenteeism program, EHS trainings, etc.
- Report product defects ensuring these are resolved and report solutions.
- Assure QMS reporting discipline towards 100% reporting.
- MES/QMS: report daily on MES production and labor hours allocated by work center.
- Develop and implement a cross training to gain labor flexibility across all the areas.
- Accomplish goals while maintaining high team morale, employee involvement, safety and teamwork.
- Owns housekeeping and promotes 6S metrics.
Apply to job
- At least one year minimum experience, working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Basic management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Spanish
- Change agent with the ability to influence at all levels
- Good interpersonal, supervision, and leadership skills.
- Self starter
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong PC skills: Microsoft Office- Excel, GE 1 Stop, QMS, MES.
- Ability to supervise the work of others including coordinating, assigning, monitoring and evaluating work, training and disciplining.
- Able to work with complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations.
- Frequently communicates complex information and interacts with upper management.
- Complies with established standards of attendance and punctuality.
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 19 months ago
GE Energy Management is helping solve the world’s toughest energy challenges through the design of leading technology solutions for...