Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
The C5I Business Unit provides turn-key solutions and Integrated Life Cycle services in system engineering, enterprise architecture, business process engineering, networks, telecommunications and IT and space system engineering, integration, installation and operations and maintenance for a diverse group of government and commercial customers worldwide. The C5I unit has over 400 employees and some of our key customers include the US Air Force Space Command, US Strategic Command, North American Aerospace Defense Command, US Northern Command, Pentagon, Department of Energy, State Department, Department of Homeland Security, and other Department of Defense, Federal and State agencies and commercial customers.
Provides technical direction for database design, maintenance, and administration. Evaluates and recommends available DBMS products after matching user requirements with system capabilities. Develops and formulates standards, procedures, and conventions for database use. Leads technical/programming staff to ensure database security from accidental or intentional loss or damage. Determines file organization, indexing methods and security procedures for specific user applications. Requires demonstrated expertise in the use of database management systems and related products from vendors such as Oracle, SAP, SAS, and IBM. May require an advance degree or equivalent in a related area and 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Generally leads a group of database administrators. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Typically reports to a project director.
• Provide day to day production database administration support for Postgres 9.X server, Oracle 11g and 10g, Sybase ASE 15 and ASE 12.5 servers, Microsoft SQL Servers, and MySQL servers.
• Provide expertise in all aspects of database administration, including performance and tuning, backup and recovery, security, monitoring, software maintenance, tracking of deployed assets against license agreements, user access and access control methods, code and object promotion, and other general issue resolution techniques.
• Perform root cause analysis (both as a participant and as a leader) for database server issues, application performance and connectivity issues, and other infrastructure problems and provide findings, solutions, and recommendations to team leaders and management.
• Provide database support for the application development teams and other database users, including user account maintenance, code analysis and review, query tuning, database design, answering questions/requests for information about the databases and resolving connectivity issues.
• Provide support for data replication processes (Sybase Replication Server) including managing both warm standby and replication definition/subscriptions set-ups, identifying and correcting data inconsistencies, and monitoring replication server performance. Provide support for other data migration technologies such as ETL tools.
• Provide status reports and other information to management as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
May require an advance degree or equivalent in a related area and 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Generally leads a group of database administrators. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Typically reports to a project director. ~ Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required. Required Skills
• Experience with Sybase ASE 15 and ASE 12.5 servers,
• Experience Sybase 12.6 and Sybase 15 replication servers,
• Experience with Unix shell scripting
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• Experience with Postgres 9.X., Oracle 11g and 10g servers, Microsoft SQL servers and MySQL servers
• Experience with ETL tools (Informatica)
• Experience with data modeling/reverse engineering data models
Bachelor’s degree and 6-8years experience
Employment Type: Full time
Career Level: Mid Career
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...