Provide the Ingredient Segment with research, applications and technical support in order to grow the portfolio of value-added starch, protein and fiber ingredients, boost sales and accomplish operational improvements.
Conduct bench-top and pilot-scale research
Assess the functionality and performance of ingredients in a variety of food and beverage products
Provide technical support to deliver unique solutions to customers.
Assist in training of MGP staff and brokers/distributors to increase knowledge of specialty ingredients, including seminar presentations to in-house staff, scientific organizations and customers
- Ph.D. in Grain Science, Cereal Chemistry or Food Science
- Strong knowledge of wet chemistry and biochemistry (chemical reactions/modifications, enzymology, starch chemistry, protein chemistry, fiber chemistry, lipid chemistry)
- Proficient in instrumental techniques for qualitative and quantitative analysis (spectroscopy, chromatography, calorimetry, microscopy, texture profile, electrophoresis, rheology, X-ray diffractometry)
- Knowledge of ingredient applications and performance in bakery, pasta, noodle, breakfast cereal, snack and other
- 1 or more years of experience conducting bench-top or pilot-type research in academic, government and/or food industry laboratories in the area of starch, protein, lipid and fiber from grain, pulses, oilseeds and other plants.
- Experience in providing technical support and building relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal/written communication and computer skills (Microsoft Office, etc.)
MGP Ingredients, Inc. - 2 years ago