Requisition ID: 20866BR
Job Title: Account Manager - Des Moines, Iowa
Division: Stryker Sustainability Solutions
Business Unit: -
Business Functions: Sales – Account Management
Business Sub-Functions: Account Management
Country: United States
City: Des Moines
The Account Manager (AM) is an integral part of the Field Sales Team, both as an individual contributor and as a team member. The AM has key responsibility to generate revenue through the sales of reprocessed medical devices. The AM implements sales strategies by initiating face-to-face contact regularly with existing clients to assess and understand their compliance concerns and objectives. The position defines solutions and makes recommendations at the appropriate level of customers' organization to meet the customer's goals and objectives while ensuring a high level of compliance to meet the Company's sales and service objectives.
- The AM employs an in-depth knowledge of the company’s products and services to effectively sell and market cost savings to the healthcare facilities in their territory.
- Applies consultative and strategic selling skills, as well as technical expertise, to develop and manage the assigned customer base.
- You will plan sales and service activities to ensure that accounts are actively and routinely covered.
- Interface with various healthcare facility departments, responding to questions and concerns regarding reprocessed products.
- Researches sales and service data and prepares periodic reports and projects for demonstrating to the customer their cost savings resulting from program compliance.
- The AM regularly interfaces with the Regional Manager to review business status and proactively address concerns and/or opportunities with key and Growth Accounts.
- The AM is challenged to create and strengthen customer relationships, seeking opportunities to expand sales and service within the accounts and maximize the revenue.
As an Account Manager you are responsible for every aspect of the order process as follows:
All work is done inside hospitals and you will work closely with various healthcare facility departments (Operating Room, Central Supply, Nursing, Environmental services, Physicians, Surgeons, C-suite) and other end users of these single-use medical devices to maintain and increase program participation.
- Work with Materials Management/ Purchasing department to attain purchase orders for customer product that has been reprocessed.
- Assist customers with inventory management.
- Provide in in-service training and education to facility staff members when required.
- Work with your field leadership team to secure and implement new business within the territory.
To be considered for this position you must meet ALL of the following requirements:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Have a proven background in outside business to business sales / service [NO RETAIL].
- Be willing and able to drive up to 100 miles per day, 5 days a week using your personal vehicle .
- Demonstrate intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
Percent Travel Required: 100
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or medical or science related disciplines.
- 1-3 years professional business to business sales experience.
- Medical device sales experience is preferred.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare...