The Creative & Technology Manager is responsible for an on-site team of professionals who create web, print, and multi-media projects for a major global pharmaceutical firm. The ideal candidate will serve as the key business contact for clients requiring the services of the team—managing the onsite team and the national studios. The candidate will also liaison with the contract holder and provide IT support for all technology functions. This person is a leader and a strong team player, a self-starter and a problem solver who can interface both with clients and staff, thrive on high-pressure challenges and deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. Working with all members of the on-and off-site studio and print teams, they will deliver creative solutions and be versatile in operational activities, meeting all quality, deadline and productivity targets.
- Consistently provide innovative and creative ideas, putting forward imaginative alternatives and questioning traditional approaches.
- Champion the client’s brands through the briefing process, concepts and final solution, implementing design and layouts that are fully compliant with corporate identity guidelines. Liaison with the client around brand guidelines.
- Will consider the aesthetic look and feel of any document or piece of communication and be able to provide alternative solutions, challenging the brief through lateral thinking in order to stretch boundaries and redefine creativity.
- Should demonstrate an ability to solve business challenges, produce ideas with depth and good reasoning, and be able to clearly articulate the journey from concept to solution.
- Delivering high-quality design, artwork and layouts within corporate guidelines and to approved briefs, budgets and timescales, taking projects from concept to finished print or digital/interactive output.
- Must demonstrate technical or specialist knowledge of core software
- Aptitude with regard to adoption of new technology and process is core to a business that adapts to the rapidly changing demands of its client base.
- Have exceptional client relationship skills and act as an ambassador with the client at all levels
- Ability to work independently with customer groups to identify design needs. Makes team assignments that take full advantage of the talent and developmental needs within the group. QC’s own and dept. work; identifies external approval requirements.
Project and Time Management
- Develop and maintain best practices and Operations Manual online
- Assist client as needed with Open Lab software, archiving, server support, job submitting software support, reporting
- Data management for the department to include assessing server load, and trouble shooting
- Web Design and multi-media work
- Liaison with WL technology team for job tracking software maintenance and support
- Research technology solutions for the team including budget proposals, testing, purchasing, deployment, and establishing a maintenance protocol for any new technology
- Maintain a forward thinking approach to industry trends and anticipate shortfalls in technology which may impact client needs
- Establish relationships and set pricing with external vendors as needed to support any technology needs for support, testing, and/ or maintenance
- Establish and maintain best practices for permission based data sharing
- Resolution of Help desk complaints and issues particularly as escalated for both WL and client
- Will have good project and time management skills, as most projects will require multiple actions.
- Must be able to manage and prioritize several projects on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work within given timescales on projects.
- Proactively managing own workflow to consistently meet or exceed target efficiency and chargeability figures
- Provide estimate support for all projects as needed
To ensure that clients are managed in a proactive, professional manner and that their expectations are not only met but exceeded. Ensure that Williams Lea delivers service in-line with our client’s business objectives, creating advantage for our clients wherever possible. Must demonstrate a client focused approach to providing service through personal commitment to the client and their business. Should build effective client relationships based upon trust, flexibility and a professional approach and be able to deal confidently with any type of client inquiry. Must demonstrate solid ‘people skills’, be able to negotiate effectively and communicate at all levels.
- Attends customer meetings as appropriate
- Develops a solid understanding of the client’s business and industry sector
- Builds relationships with clients and manages their perceptions and expectations
- Leads implementation of new services
- Resolution of client complaints and issues particularly as escalated
- Supports NAM and AD as needed to produce high end client facing presentations and documents
People Management and Development
- Ensure the appropriate month-end reporting is carried out in a timely manner
- Deliver financial performance against budget
- Work to the WL operating budget, understanding of P&L and billing process, participate in budget process
- Focus on profit enhancement and cost reduction
- Track the effective usage of all online art resources and report against P&L as requested
To attract, retain and develop great people, ensuring that strategic resourcing plans are in place within your area of responsibility.
- Support the WL culture through leading by example and living the WL values. Develop and foster a strong customer service ethos within the team
- Consistently coach and manage the performance of all direct reports. Mentors, inspires and motivates team. Responsible for the ongoing performance management and review of the team
- Ensure effective two way communication between direct reports and the client
- Be aware of the training needs for all members of the department ensuring that the skill levels within the team match the constantly evolving nature of the industry and that they are relevant to the client’s needs
- Work closely with the GAD/NAM to ensure an appropriate succession plan for the team
Williams Lea offers an exciting and supportive business environment. We develop our people and reward their contribution. We work with openness and integrity. We are an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent is required. BA in Graphic Design, Advertising, Art, or Communication Design preferred. Graduate degree strongly preferred.
- 4+ years in a similar role
- Demonstrated management of 5 or more direct reports
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated proficiency in achieving results leading to cost reduction and revenue enhancement
- Must have formal production training and a general understanding in illustration, graphic design, typography, communications and graphic media.
- Exceptional, confident communicator, written and oral. Must speak clearly and concisely ensuring all important information is communicated. Asks relevant questions to ensure understanding. Must be sensitive to the client’s needs, remaining calm and confident, even in stressful/difficult situations. When required, should produce clear and well structured written communication and be able to communicate with AM’s, AE’s, satellite and creative support supervisors, team members, client, vendors, and be willing to cascade down relevant/important information as appropriate.
- Exceptional client service skills. Requires a robust approach and ability when appropriate to challenge the client’s way of thinking and rationale.
- Excellent time management skills. Takes a logical and systematic approach to work, monitoring progress on tasks and reprioritizing in changing circumstances. Must maintain a constant overview of the volume of work to ensure the client’s deadlines and expectations are constantly achieved and exceeded.
- Must positively embrace change, accept new approaches and maintains own effectiveness in situations of uncertainty. Must take a flexible approach to work and encourage others to also do so.
- Excellent team building skills. Must work in partnership with colleagues to achieve common goals.
- Excellent problem solving skills under stressful conditions. Proven ability of critical thinking as well as a “think on your feet” skill set. Must make logical decisions having considered all relevant information and alternative solutions. Considers the broader implications of proposed actions. Escalates to the next level within a timely manner as needed.
- In-depth knowledge of production cycle and print technology. Fully conversant with print and imaging processes, with very good working knowledge of web, litho and digital printing and their limitations
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat. Software focus may change depending on site/customer requirements.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and organize workload to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of on-line and interactive design and hosting applications
- Extensive experience of PDF creation and troubleshooting
- Astute ability to identify and develop new business to include development of internal marketing plans.
- Financially literate with a proven history of sound financial judgment.
- Good knowledge of IT and server systems, email, printing and networking.
- Experience with web based work flow tools, POD systems
Williams Lea - 11 months ago
Deutsche Post has outgrown its mailbox origins. Doing business as Deutsche Post DHL, the company divides its operations between delivering t...