United States-Missouri-Saint Louis
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator for 7x24 classified operations including: designing, installing, configuring, securing, and maintaining operating systems for cluster processors and servers in support of classified Department of Defense programs.
This position will be located in Pensacola, FL. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
This position will support large computing systems and state of the art solutions to a wide range of technical problems for classified programs and projects supporting the DoD.
Responsibilities include managing Red Hat Linux computing infrastructure, hardening security of large Linux clustered systems, support and maintenance of Arcsight SIEM systems. Configuring and administering Arcsight loggers, ESM, and database systems. Troubleshooting Arcsight connectors and data streams, troubleshooting data collection for real-time operations, recommending appropriate actions to improve performance, scheduling installations and upgrades across cluster processors, maintaining Linux systems in accordance with DoD policies and procedures, monitoring and tuning systems to achieve optimum multi-user performance and load balancing, and designing disaster recovery strategies and fail over operations for remote COOP sites. Utilize Remedy ticketing system for trouble management.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science plus 6 years or more of related experience in Linux system administration required; 4 Year with Masters degree or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must possess or be able to obtain a SECRET clearance
- Expertise implementing and maintaining Red Hat Linux systems and related software
- Experience with Arcsight SIEM systems administration and configuring Arcsight connectors
- Prefer knowledge and experience with DoD STIGs, VMS, and DoD FSO operational standards
- Security+ and RHCE certifications a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...