Job Order: J1212-0803 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Program Director, Healthcare
Category: Information Technology
City: Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Job Description: Program Director, Healthcare
CGI seeks an enterprising Program Director to manage the client relationship, delivery of ongoing work as well as new opportunities for the CIGNA Account. The position will entail a combination of industry thought leadership, sales origination, client project delivery, and serving as an expert on client engagements. This position requires a deep understanding of the healthcare payer industry, knowledge of how large payer organizations work and the ability to operate at both a strategic and a tactical level within the environment of a global healthcare client. The successful candidate will have a high level of expertise in the delivery of enterprise-wide technology projects in the healthcare arena, and experience in the modernization and migration of legacy systems (preferably in the payer sector) to lower costs of operation and increase growth for the client.
The Program Director will work directly with the client and be the primary on-site contact for all program/project activities. S/he will be responsible for developing program/project plans and estimates and handling end-to-end program/project management, including confirming and monitoring the project scope and requirements through implementation and deployment. The Program Director is responsible for delivery of each project, managing project delivery issues and financial accountability back to CGI. S/he will identify business development opportunities aligned with the client's agenda and develop a compelling business case for the client. Additional responsibilities:
- Provides feedback and potential business differentiating opportunities to CGI leadership.
- Understands CGI's capabilities and services, engages internal SME's and effectively communicates all offerings and CGI's competitive advantage to the client.
- Works closely with the client to develop and implement a strategic agenda that outlines each healthcare IT need at least annually, with ongoing updates as client needs evolve.
- Recognizes competing interests within the client organization and works to build consensus among stakeholders on a shared vision for the future; documents and communicates this to both business and technical audiences within the client organization and CGI.
- Demonstrates proficiency in presentations to support and drive value add revenue.
- Provides regular two-way communication between the client and CGI internal team, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Understand the fundamental solution being developed/deployed - its business value, blueprint, how it fits with the overall architecture or business operations, risks, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 10 years of increasing IT project management experience in the healthcare sector (preferably Payer) at the Director level or above
- Systems Integration experience, to include common methods of integration, large systems migration and re-platforming of large applications
- Experience with Core Application Systems, e.g. Claims and Membership Processing
- Experience working with an offshore model and leveraging this model to a very high efficiency level in order to deliver extraordinary value to our client
- Contract negotiation experience (Master Services Agreement, Statements of Work, Work Orders, Service Level Agreements, Major Terms and Conditions)
- Financial Management experience (budget preparation, budget forecasting, budget management, annual planning)
- Advanced knowledge of project management tool such as Primavera or Microsoft Project
- A Bachelor's degree in information systems, engineering, or business or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A Graduate degree in Information Systems or Engineering, and/or an MBA is preferred but not required.
- Ability to meet travel requirement of 50-60%: The Program Director will work across 3 different locations, the majority of time spent in Connecticut with regular travel to Colorado and Tennessee for a few days at a time.
- The ability to work with clients, manage expectations and a track record of delivering high quality work on time
- Excellent interpersonal skills with outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience leading and managing teams of senior managers and vendor resources (both on and offshore) in a cross functional environment
- Experience in high volume transaction processing platforms
- Systems Development experience, to include requirements, design, build, test, deploy, operate and retire
- Knowledge of data management concepts (warehousing, marts, access tools, privacy and security, and data management maturity)
-LI-KV1 At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
CGI - 19 months ago
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services...