Grounds Technician II
Job ID # : 4374 Location: Worcester, MA
Functional Area : Facilities SBU: 85620 - Enterprise Support Services
Position Type : Full - Time
Education Required : High School Diploma
Experience Required : 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided : No
Hanover Insurance currently has an immediate opening for an experienced Grounds Technician that has experience maintaining the grounds for commercial sites (corporate or institutional facilities, golf courses, etc.). This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Worcester, MA.
Delivering on promises for over 160 years!”
Hanover Insurance is a winning company comprised of outstanding professionals focused on a single vision: to be the very best in our business. At The Hanover you will have the opportunity to: Grow Your Career, Love What You Do and Be Valued for Your Contributions.
This position requires a strong work ethic, strong communication and organizational skills, effective time management, and problem solving skills in order to provide a high quality aesthetic standard throughout the Hanover Campus. Must be able to work as a team member or alone in order to maintain and enhance a high-end quality turf and landscape throughout the campus. Performs work in accordance with Hanover’s safety standards and regulatory agencies (OSHA).
- Proficient in the operation of most hand, power tools and equipment associated with the grounds maintenance operations
- Conduct preventative maintenance requirements on all mowers, trimmers and other landscape equipment in accordance with the manufactures recommendations
- Complete assigned daily zone maintenance tasks outlined in the Grounds Zone Maintenance Plan
- Apply all Pesticides in accordance with the treatment program and all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Ability to operate all major grounds maintenance equipment including but not limited to trucks, tractors, sweepers, commercial snow plows and sanders
- Ensures all walks, aprons and stairways clean from edge to edge of snow and ice
- Experienced in the operation, trouble-shooting and repair maintenance of a commercial irrigation system
- Must support the goals and objectives of the company and in accordance with the company's commitment to total customer satisfaction
- Assist in managing a small seasonal crew of 2-5 throughout all aspects of turf and landscape management
- Assist in the orientation, training, assigning and monitoring the work of seasonal employees
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Key Competencies and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of Horticulture, landscape design/ maintenance or Golf course maintenance.
- Winter School or Green School Certification. Associates or higher in turf management preferred
- Must have professional service orientated attitude at all times
- Must have good knowledge of tools and equipment, methods and materials used in the trade.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted U.S. drivers license and with an insurable driving history as determined by The Hanover Insurance Company
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs of garden supplies and tools on a regular basis.
- MA State pesticide license required
- MA State Hoisting license of 2B/1C required or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of employment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends.
- Must be available from November to April for on call of snow removal
- Ability to climb ladders in order to prune ornamental trees.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel and squat on a repetitive basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and maintain the physical stamina necessary to complete outdoor physical tasks for long periods of time
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Must be able to work in an outside environment and in all types of weather.
- Maybe exposed to potentially dangerous chemicals, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers.
Apply today and discover:
- Why, in 2010, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Places to Work and by Business Insurance as a Best Places to Work.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers.
what it’s like to work for the best insurance company in the industry!!!
Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team :
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous "Time Off With Pay"
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester, Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Michigan, Chaucer Holdings PLC, based in London and their affiliates.
The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families through a select group of independent agents across the U.S., and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for nearly 160 years. The company is ranked among the top 25 property and casualty insurers in the country and maintains excellent ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
The Hanover Insurance Group - 13 months ago