Provides clinical social work and complex discharge planning to patients and their families. Holds joint accountability with case manager for facilitating psychosocial and continuing care. Works collaboratively with physicians, case managers and multidisciplinary team to effect positive patient and family outcomes.
Master's degree in Social Work from a Council on Social Work Education accredited Graduate School
Minimum of two years social work experience in a health care setting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
State of Texas Social Work license
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of health care financial and payer issues, and eligibility for state, local and federal programs
- Computer skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Collaboration, negotiation and mediation skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
Methodist Hospital System - 13 months ago