Customer Representative - (Florence, SC)-DIR007301
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Customer Representative is a key member of the Customer Team and plays a critical role in supporting Merck's customer centric business model. He/she is responsible for working with the Customer Team to understand and identify Health Care Provider (HCP) customer needs, support pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, and ensure that Merck is viewed as demonstrating value and better health outcomes to healthcare professionals and their patients.
The primary activities include:
- Communicates about product in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer; customizes discussions and client interactions based on understanding of customer's needs
- Engages in informed discussions about products with HCP customers - knowing when/how to seek and provide additional information
- Within select customer accounts acts as primary point of contact for customer, meet with key customers/personnel to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers Managed Care Organization (MCO), employers, state and local regulations)/network structure, customer needs and identifies business opportunities
- For select customer accounts/HCPs, coordinate with customer team to develop customer strategy - outlining strategy for interactions/ relationship, solutions and potential offerings for customer
- Partners with National Account Executives (NAEs) to maintain strong focus on Managed Care pull-through
- Shares learning and best-practices from one customer to help other customers meet their needs
- Demonstrates a focus on better health outcomes (beyond acquisition, considers the HCP and patient experience)
- Provides input into resource allocation decisions across customers
- Identifies and selects programs/services available in the library of Merck "resources" to address customer needs
- Works with solutions group (Headquarters - HQ) and/or Medical Account Executive (MAE) to develop and deliver relevant offerings that address desired customer needs
- Maintain current understanding of practice structure, business model, key influencers/ network structure and make information available to relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with extended "in-scope" customer team to ensure a consistent customer experience across Merck's divisions and functional areas; ensure integration with National Account Executive (NAE), Merck Vaccines (MV) personnel, Health Management Services (HMS) Manager, Solutions Consultant, Customer Strategies and Solutions (CSS), Regional Medical Director (RMD) and other key stakeholders to share key customer learning and support customer needs
- Outstanding in all competency areas (Account Management; External Market Focus; 1:1 Customer Interactions)
- Influences beyond their specific geography or product area
This territory covers Darlington, Bishopville, Lamar, Lake City, Kingstree, Lancaster, Florence, and Hartsville, SC.
The ideal location to reside is within this territory.
Travel (%) varies based on candidate’s location within the geography.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Prior experience working in a scientific field or healthcare environment
- Previous sales experience
- Prior experience developing new business opportunities with existing customers
- Experience establishing new customer relationships
- Understanding of Merck products and therapeutic areas
- Consistent performer in most competency areas
- Valid Driver's license
- Prior consulting or customer service experience
- Experience developing and executing a plan for engaging customers and meeting customer needs
- Understanding of HQ operations
- Ability to analyze metrics to assess progress against objectives
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Channel Sales Generic
Job Title: Customer Representative, Sales
Primary Location: NA-US-SC-Florence
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Merck & Co. - 11 months ago
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The pharmaceutical giant's...