Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the world's largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting for a Journeyman Industrial Electrician with Instrumentation experience. Due to anticipated needs, we are currently recruiting for career oriented individuals to fill this role.
Red Dog Mine, located in NW Alaska, is a large, technically challenging open pit mine, mill and port facility. It is a remote, but modern and well-equipped fly-in fly-out operation that provides free room and board for employees, and regular transportation to and from Anchorage or surrounding regional villages. Rotation schedule will be two weeks on-site and one week off-site or four weeks on-site and two weeks off-site.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, the Journeyman Industrial Electrician is responsible for:
- Installing, troubleshooting and maintaining 120v – 5kv power systems including control circuits, vari. speed drives, heat trace, cranes and switches
- Safe Quality Work Practices related to the Industrial Electrical Trade
- Self Starter able to perform quality craftsmanship with minimal supervision
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a medical examination and drug/alcohol tests.
- 5 years experience in an industrial environment working as an Electrician
- Ability to manage time independently with limited supervision
- Ability to read and understand electrical prints, schematics and diagrams
- Ability to train apprentices
- Additional skills related to motor controls, 480V power, 5kV power systems, and heat trace would be beneficial
- Exemplary commitment to safety
- Industrial experience, preferably in mining and/or milling
- Physically capable of performing labor intensive work when required
- PLC and instrumentation experience would be a plus
- Possess good communication skills
- Proven trouble shooting skills are required
- Strong team cooperation is required
Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, life, AD&D and long term disability insurance, generous paid time off, paid sick leave and 401k. Salary will be dependent on experience but the longer work days make the remuneration package very attractive.
Applicants must possess current authorization to work in the United States
Further information on Red Dog Mine is available at
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information
US-AK-Red Dog Mine
Teck - Red Dog Mine
NANA Development Corporation - 23 months ago