Internal candidates for this position will retain their benefit program if they are currently participating in the LMOS, LMES, or Corporate benefit programs. New Hire and Rehire candidates for this position will be offered the LMOS benefit program. Standard Job Description Storage Administrator - Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Security Clearance TS/SCI Typical Minimums Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner. LMCareers Business Unit ESS0160 IS&GS-NATIONAL (S8200) Business Area Info Systems & Global Sol Program Atlas ITC Department 6266024:Mission Field Services O&S_OS Job Class Information Technology Job Category Experienced Professional City Ashburn State Virginia Virtual No Relocation Available Negotiable Work Schedule FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week Req Type Full-Time Direct/Indirect Direct Shift First
- 3 years of IT and/or Data Center experience
- 3 years of Storage Administration experience
- 1 year of Systems Administration experience in Windows and UNIX environment Desired skills • NetApp storage solution experience
- Backup/restore and data protection experience Specific Job Description The Storage Administrator position will have the follwing responsibility:
- Provide hands-on storage configuration, administration, and trouble-shooting skills.
- Needs to have a technical understanding of how storage interfaces with servers, network, databases, and other data center components and be able to tune performance of storage from an end-to-end perspective.
- Build, test, and deploy additional storage capabilities/services that integrate efficiently with the existing storage architecture.
- Server administration (Windows and/or UNIX) skills needed.
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 12 months ago
Lockheed Martin Corporation is a global security company that is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, inte...