AnchorFree is looking for all-star Systems Administrator to become part of their talented team of engineers! Responsible for installing, maintaining and monitoring AnchorFree’s hardware and software for its operations. Candidate will help our team manage in house needs as well as help maintain our 7 data centers around the world with over 300 systems servicing our users. Candidate is expected to apply their base of technical, operational, process or project skills to identify opportunities for process improvement, lead portions of projects or processes, and bring new knowledge into the organization.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Help with the in-house IT needs.
- Prepare new systems for in-house use.
- Prepare new systems for deployment in the data centers.
- Maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Test out new technologies that may be implemented to produce a more productive environment.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Conduct emergency maintenance.
- Maintain the Windows environment- create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Perform regular security monitoring to prevent / identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform backups: ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Strong Experience working with Linux
- Creating peering relationships with content providers in IX’s
- Configured BGP and static routes on the routers and switches
- Scripting and programming skills (Shell, Awk, Perl, Bash, Python)
- Configuration Management : Puppet, Chef, or similar frameworks
- Write automation scripts to monitor daemons and server health
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills through resolution; understanding problem from the network, OS, and application levels
- Ability to configure, customize, and support typical UNIX daemons, including NFS, BIND, Ngynx and Apache
- Functional knowledge of core protocols such as TCP/IP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, NFS, UDP and DNS
- Comfortable in a colocation environment, with regards to power and cable management, cooling, and adherence to installation standards
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Small gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
- New Laptop (mac or pc) and Monitor
- Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon
AnchorFree - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard