Energy Efficiency Junior Engineer - Temporary
DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business and technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification. As an objective and impartial knowledge-based company, we advise and support organizations along the energy value chain: producers, suppliers & end-users of energy, equipment manufacturers, as well as government bodies, corporations and non-governmental organizations. DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability is part of DNV, a global provider of services for managing risk with more than 10,000 employees in over 100 countries.
Location and team
DNV KEMA’s Sustainable Use Services group is seeking a temporary part-time junior engineer in Phoenix, Arizona to support the program’s application processes, and aid in the technical review of energy savings for a wide range of energy efficiency projects. The successful candidate will be professional, demonstrate an eagerness to learn, and maintain a positive and team-oriented attitude.
Tasks may include
- Review and verify energy savings calculations and technical merits of energy efficiency applications as submitted by contractors, including calculations of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications (i. e., HVAC, fans, pumps, lighting, etc.).
- Interact with customers to address questions about installed equipment or programmatic information
- Perform on-site inspections and efficiency assessments
- Assist the Engineering team lead as required
- Perform Energy analyses using advanced spreadsheets and building simulation software
What we're asking
- A junior/senior level four year degree engineering student with a strong and varied background.
- A proven track record in the energy engineering field is preferred, along with project management skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills are required.
- Experience with building energy simulation software preferred (i.e., eQuest, EnergyPro, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and team-oriented attitude.
- A background check is required for this position
This is a U.S. based position; applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. This position requires a background check.
What we're offering
DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website at www.dnvkema.com
DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability - 2 years ago