Responsible for assisting Produce Manager in preparing work schedule for department personnel and counsel with store manager on time schedule; assigns duties and maintains good productivity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Implements G.R.E.A.T. Service program to the fullest extent.
- Participates fully in the REWARDS and Shrink Awareness programs.
- Assists in maintaining efficient, profitable and safe operations of the store Produce Department within limits of, and in accordance with, the Corporate Store manual and the overall store programs directed by Division management.
- Supports the Produce Manager in maintaining efficient procedures and schedules for ordering, receiving, checking, dating, storing, preparing, rotating and displaying of all produce items.
- Maintains constant follow-up to assure budgeted produce sales, produce gross profit and controllable expense items within the Produce Department are achieved.
- Maintains department to ensure desired quality, variety, pricing and displaying; ensures good housekeeping and sanitation.
- Monitors competition regularly for pricing, variety, quality and merchandising as directed by the Produce Manager.
- Supports advertised and in-store promotions; recommends items and ideas for department and store promotions programs.
- Assists in creating desired store image and customer relations.
- Assists Produce Manager in preparing work schedule for department personnel and counsels with store manager on time schedule; assigns duties and maintains good productivity, within allowable payroll percent and effectiveness.
- Inspects, cleans and maintains, on a regular schedule, equipment and facilities within the department.
- Instructs and trains department personnel to effectively and correctly use equipment and facilities.
- Assists Produce Manager in maintaining accurate records required by management; initiates and prepares forms required.
No education degree required
Previous experience helpful.
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
- Regularly required to sit; stand; and use the hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must frequently walk, talk or hear, and reach with the hands and arms; occasionally, the associate must crouch or kne
- Must be able to climb a ladder to retrieve items stored in elevated or overhead racks or shelves located above refrigerated boxes, in stockrooms and other storage areas.
- Must be able to stock coolers and shelves and endure working under temperature extremes in refrigerated storage areas up to 20 minutes at a time, and be able to work with fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants and flowers without negative allergic consequences that adversely affect the ability of the employee to perform the duties of the job.
- Must have sufficient memory retention skills to memorize weekly ad prices and specials.
- Must occasionally exert or lift up to 70 pounds carrying case containers and frequently lift moderate amounts of weight.