SECOND ASSISTANT MANAGER
• College degree with 6 months retail experience, and/or
• Combination of 4 years college and retail (2 yrs college/2 yrs retail/retail management), and/or,
• High school graduate and 4 years retail/retail management
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of all positions within the store
• Prior experience as a food clerk or person-in-charge
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• During the absence of the Store Manager and 1st Assistant Manager, the 2nd Assistant Manager perform the following duties personally or supervises employees performing these duties: Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties. Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares or directs workers preparing merchandise displays. Supervises employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, and preparing daily record of transactions. Ensures compliance of employees with established retail policies and procedures, security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices. Manages safety plans and merchandising plans. Answers customer's complaints or inquiries. May work in other departments of store. Performs various office and accounting functions.
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
2. Responsible for appropriately handling emergencies, customer complaints, employee or customer accidents and supervising all store personnel in absence of Store Manager and 1st Assistant manager
3. Handles employee dissatisfactions and grievances
4. Adherence to federal and local laws, and to all company policies and procedures
5. Operate electronically scanning cash register to total customers' final bill
6. Assistant in maintaining clean and safe work environment
7. Replace stock in display areas as needed. May be responsible for counting out-of-stock product
8. Perform various paperwork including, schedule writing, employee evaluation, corrective action plans, job postings and product recalls
9. May be responsible for completing close of day function in office
10. Works in every department of store as needed, except meat and pharmacy
11. Other duties as assigned.
Safeway Corp. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...