Buchanan Technologies is seeking a VMware ESX and blade server Administrator for a client in South Dallas. This candidate will be responsible for mirating VMware ESX 4 and 5 VM's to Cisco UCS, and the Dell blade server environment.
Document the processes and procedures relating to P2V and V2V migration and various supporting Exchange applications.
Detailed weekly time reporting.
Complete all tasks identified by IT-I OSET LAN.
Required / Desired Skill Sets:
1. Comprehensive vSphere 4 and 5 implementation, administration, maintenance, and support of VMware ESX and vCenter in large scale environment.
2. Comprehensive experience with Physical to Virtual (P2V) and Virtual to Virtual (V2V) migrations.
3. Must be able to apply vCenter, ESX, and Windows patches/upgrades.
4. Manage vCenter ESX clusters, including DRS and HA configurations.
5. Familiar with vCenter networking concepts including trunking, VLANs.
6. Comprehensive knowledge of Vmotion, Service Console, iSCSI, and vCenter vDS.
7. Must have knowledge of Cisco UCS and Dell blade server implementation, administration, maintenance, and support.
8. Comprehensive storage configuration experience for iSCSI and SAN storage, including boot from SAN, VMFS volumes, and RDM.
9. Must be able to create, deploy, and maintain vCenter VM templates.
10. Must be able plan, coordinate, and communicate with internal and external IT-I customers.
1. Familiar with Microsoft Active Directory
2. Familiar with Windows Server 2008 and 2003.
3. Familiar with scripting and process installation
4. Familiar with EMC PowerPath
5. Familiar with backing up a VMware environment.
6. Familiar with Novell SuSe Linux.
Buchanan Technologies - 2 years ago