The Clarion-Ledger Media Group, the local leader in news and information for the Jackson Metro and surrounding Central MS areas is currently expanding our Advertising Department and looking for Digital Sales Executives to add to our sales force. This position is responsible for meeting and exceeding digital advertising goals across all digital advertising platforms.
Objectives include selling an effective digital product mix through the use of verbal and written sales presentations with strategies and ideas, conducting needs assessment interviews with clients and maintaining profitability by following rate guidelines and limiting sales error adjustments. This position must exercise effective planning and forecasting of digital sales revenue.
- Increases market share by gaining new business and growing existing client base.
- Establish strategies and sales plans for achieving period and quarterly digital advertising goals
- New business acquisition and generating leads through client segment search, internet search, marketing lists, and referrals
- Develops and works a pipeline of potential customers.
- Sells The Clarion-Ledger Media Group digital business offerings.
- Executes strategies for selling effectively against the competition.
- Delivers and obtains long term commitments and campaigns.
- Initiates, coordinates and conducts formal verbal and written sales presentations.
- Develops and delivers advertising ideas/solutions that provide and deliver ROI to customers.
- Strategizes with team members to plan and execute multimedia marketing plans.
- Organizes and prioritizes workflow to meet team goals and deadlines.
- Communicates effectively to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years sales experience including experience selling multimedia advertising with primary focus on digital. Proficient in face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Intense understanding of digital media platforms. Knowledge of web development and mobile advertising, SEO, SEM, email marketing and social media advertising.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to promote and sell concepts to customers.
- Proficient with computers, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Internet. (Windows environment and solid use of online for digital products and ads)
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License.
We offer: Competitive Salary, Healthcare, Dental and Vision Coverage. Flexible Spending Account, 401k, Stock. Paid Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave.
Pre-employment drug testing and background screening required. EEO.
USA TODAY - 20 months ago
Gannett satisfies news junkies with a stash of daily US papers. The company is the top newspaper publisher in the US with about 80 daily...