For more information about TIAA-CREF, visit our website .
Senior Real Estate Analyst
Job Description - TIAA-CREF is seeking a Senior Real Estate Analyst, in our Asset Management Services team to be based in Charlotte, NC. The ideal candidate will assist in supporting the portfolio management solution across our Global Real Estate portfolios of domestic and international properties valued in excess of $20 billion. Cougar software is a leading scenario modeling, valuation and management solution for real estate properties and debt.
· Maintain oversight of data flows into Cougar from multiple sources. Ensure processes are followed and data reconciliations are performed. Responsible for resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
· Develop extensive knowledge of the Cougar software and provide support and training to Global Real Estate when necessary.
· Maintain support of 5,000 commercial leases in Cougar. Ensure data sourced from Yardi 6.0 Commercial Management System is accurately reflected along with operating expense recoveries, retail sales and percentage rent setup and calculations.
· Maintain accounting and reporting data in Cougar including chart of accounts, entity structures, on-boarding and off-boarding of properties, general ledger data feeds from Yardi and property/asset level attributes.
· Develop new reports in Cougar relative to requirements of Global Real Estate.
· Ensure loan contracts are current, including the on-boarding and off-boarding as loans are incurred, refinanced or paid off. In addition, responsible for maintaining debt valuation parameters including interest rate spreads and curves.
· Provide for accurate calculations in Cougar of various real estate returns including NCREIF, GIPS, IRR, cash on cash returns, fund level, levered and unlevered returns
· Ensure budget and reforecast assumptions are updated in Cougar.
· Drive process improvements to ensure timely, quality and efficient data processing and accessibility.
· Proactively maintain and create new Policies and Procedures related to the ongoing operations of the Cougar software that provide for preventative and detective controls. Initiate decision making, consensus building, documentation and communication.
· Data steward of all lease level and financial processes in Cougar system and primary interface with Data Governance.
· Collaborate with other TIAA Cougar and Yardi specialists, including Commercial Management, Multi-Family, Construction, Property Accounting, and Corporate Accounting. Work closely with the Cougar support team relative to testing any upgrades to the Cougar platform.
· Provide assistance with implementation and support for other technology solutions that may integrate with Cougar such as Yardi, Argus, Lease Pipeline and Kardin Budget.
· Provide support to other departments as necessary within Asset Management Services.
· Minimum of 3 – 5 of solid experience in highly complex Commercial Real Estate Investment Management organizations.
· Bachelor’s Degree required with a preference for a focus in Real Estate, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
· CPA or MBA
· Strong experience with data feeds, reconciliation and validation highly preferred.
· Understanding of real estate investment management concepts including Asset Management, Acquisitions, Dispositions, Portfolio Management, Property Valuations, and Real Estate Accounting as well as various investment ownership structures (wholly-owned, joint venture, and private equity).
· Strong understanding of lease structures and lease administration, operating expense recoveries, retail and international lease accounting
· Experience with accounting and reporting including property, joint ventures and fair value accounting concepts. Yardi 6.0 Investment Management (GL) experience is a plus.
· Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables and v-lookups)
· Argus or Cougar experience
· Possess strong knowledge of the commercial and multi-family property budgeting process including lease assumptions, leasing capital and other activities involved in developing the short and long term asset strategy.
Nice to Have-
· Experience with Yardi Commercial Management System 6.0 is a plus.
· Strong understanding of real estate valuation principles for commercial and multi-family properties along with valuation techniques for mortgage debt.
· Process Improvement and LEAN experience along with ability to develop Policies and Procedures.
· Argus or Cougar experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
TIAA is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Visit our Careers site to learn more about how we are making a difference .
As a Fortune 100, full-service financial services organization, TIAA-CREF is committed to hiring amazing people who share our mission and...