The Data Warehouse Engineer (DWE) is responsible for the full life cycle of back-end development of the data warehouse. Responsibilities include the development of ETL processes, dimensional design of the table structure, cube development for performance, and database administration. The DWE will work closely with the Business Analyst to work through business requirements and develop processes necessary to provide visibility into the data via the centralized data warehouse and reporting platform. The DWE will also work closely with the front-end developers to ensure data that is being brought in and managed is clean, accurate, available, and complete. The DWE will help to ensure the data warehouse processes are running optimally.
- Design and support the database and table schemas for new and evolving sources of data being brought into the data warehouse.
- Create and support the ETL to facilitate bringing data into the data warehouse using SSIS.
- Create and support the Analysis Services 2008 cubes to help with query performance.
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance issues on the data warehouse servers.
- Follow the design principles and best practices defined by the team for data warehousing techniques and architecture.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 T-SQL Coding.
- 1+ years experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 Database Administration.
- 1+ years experience with SQL Server Integration Services. (or similar ETL tool)
- 1+ years experience with SQL Server Analysis Services.
- 1+ years programming experience (i.e. VBScript, .Net)
- Strong understanding of dimensional modeling and other data warehousing techniques.
- Strong performance tuning skills.
- Strong analytic and research skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues.
- Strong communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.