1. Resource Management
• Build and maintain a world-class RF design team including project leaders, app-engineers and design engineers
• Motivation, support, coaching, appraisal, safety/well-being, job rotation and career guidance/ development of own staff
• Allocation of resources to projects and project reviews
• Selection and contracting of external design houses and contractors
2. Competence Management
• Build and maintain a development and application group and infrastructure capable to develop and maintain RFss products roadmaps (supporting RFss) and supporting GtM/customers thru application support; member of Business Line-R&D Management Team
• Drive and improve the design, project management and application engineer competencies in own group matching the RFss roadmap requirements, including initiating and executing of quality improvement actions.
• Responsible for the execution of the development projects. Responsible for the WoW and its continuous improvement
• Establish and maintain relationships with external partners and (development) groups, corporate R&D, research, subcontractors, competence centers, suppliers, Universities, etc. to support RFss (strategic) plan
• Drive, support, coach product development teams with respect to achieving project goals as defined in the project charters
• Build and maintain one RFss domain in co-operation with RFss Nijmegen/Eindhoven and Caen in areas as described above
• Contribute to the R&D roadmap and strategy, including the technology roadmap
• Local site responsibility:
-build a climate of engagement and trust in the local team
-represent the team in management meetings
-handle local contracts and regulations
• Bachelor/Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• 10+ years experience in RF design with proven track record in releasing RF and microwave products to the market.
• Strong knowledge of RF devices and relevant CAD tools (Cadence flow)
• Structured IC design methodology covering specification, implementation and design verification.
• Strong drive to achieve success and able to motivate a team engineers to reach clear design goals. *Management experience preferred.
• Experienced in interacting face-to-face with customers; excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
• Proactive initiative and entrepreneurial attitude.
NXP Semiconductors - 2 years ago
NXP Semiconductors has a full menu of chips to choose from. The one-time semiconductor unit of Philips is one of the largest chip makers in...