Provide engineering investigation and change in support of all technical aspects of Product Quality and reliability in a PCBA-intensive electro-mechanical product. Major areas of focus include:
- Participate on development teams representing end-customer and Service Operations to assure products under development are highly reliable and readily serviceable.
- Use production and field reliability data for current products to influence product design for reliability.
- Plan, coordinate and perform reliability testing to expose weaknesses prior to product release
- Provide Electrical Engineering assistance in PCBA troubleshooting, communicating quality trends, and escalating as appropriate.
- Update data collection procedures, and recording / reporting tools to improve utility and accessibility of content.
- Develop, document and implement tools and fixtures to improve diagnostic capabilities and to improve operational efficiency.
- Develop, refine and formalize service and troubleshooting processes.
- Drawing upon all means of investigation, work multiple high-impact quality issues simultaneously, either independently, as technical resource, or project leader.
- Review and approve formal change proposals for impact on product quality and reliability.
- Use existing field failure databases and reporting tools to produce and distribute standard and project-specific reliability reports.
- Create, refine, and monitor quality metrics gauging outgoing service quality, and use to prioritize and drive improvement initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Product Development Projects.
- Data Analysis, and distribution.
- Actively resolving reliability issues .
- Process improvement activities.
- Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system.
Knowledge / Experience
- 4-year Electrical/Electronics Engineering degree from an accredited university.
- 5 years experience leveraging EE/HW engineering skills to investigate and resolve acute and chronic field and production failures.
- 2 years experience in product design or technical operations within a regulated industry, preferably medical devices.
- 2 years experience preparing or reviewing formal product/process change proposals.
- Proficient programming and deploying of desktop Boundary Scan diagnostic tools (desirable).
- Electrical Engineering design experience (desirable).
Skills / Abilities:
- Experience converting raw field reliability data into highly actionable information.
- Highly proficient and methodical problem solving skills.
- Ability to successfully diagnose complex PCBA faults using schematics, conventional and dedicated test equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. At ease communicating with people of widely varying technical backgrounds.
- Proficient in general office applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Certified green/black belt (preferred).
SonoSite is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
SonoSite Inc. - 14 months ago