The Community Manger and Assistant Manager are directly responsible for maintaining all day to day property operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of the property. This includes but not limited to daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits received; processing resident rental payments; assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand financial goals and assist in formulation of budgets.
- Actively maintain and report monthly variances and narratives.
- Ensures that all rents are collected when due and posted in a timely manner. Makes sure that all bank deposits are made immediately and deposits are reported to the corporate office.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Ensure that A/P invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment, handle petty cash and all funds.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity.
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
- Confirm that leasing staff techniques are effective in obtaining closing.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to software system accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
- Resolve resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.).
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Complies with all Federal and Local Fair Housing regulations and ordinances
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections and tours.
- Assure quality and quantity of market ready apartments.
- Ensure that models and market ready apartments are walked daily and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Report all liability and community incidents to the corporate office immediately. Ensure that all workers compensations claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed.
- Hires, trains, motivates and supervises all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned community. This includes employee training, ongoing formal and informal performance evaluation, review and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience as a community/assistant property manager.
- Computer knowledge MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to act independently and make decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Available to work weekends when needed.
- Yardi/ MRI property management system operations a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
- High school diploma required.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS FOR REGULAR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES INCLUDE:
Paid time off
Medical, dental, vision insurance
Life, disability insurance
401(k) Savings Plan
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CareerBuilder - 13 months ago