2013 MasterCard Summer Internship Program
As a leading global payments company, MasterCard Worldwide prides itself on being at the heart of commerce, helping to make life easier and more efficient for everyone, everywhere. As a franchisor, processor and advisor to the payments industry, MasterCard provides a critical economic link among financial institutions, governments, businesses, merchants, and cardholders worldwide.
MasterCard is offering a paid Summer Internship Program at our headquarters in Purchase, NY to motivated students. As an Intern, you will be challenged with completing a project that will enhance your business skills as well as contribute to the department’s goals and objectives. You will also participate in additional skill building activities such as lectures, department meetings, and extracurricular activities. Additionally:
• All positions are based in Purchase, NY at MasterCard’s Global Corporate Headquarters
• Program is open to Undergraduate students entering their senior or junior year (2013 & 2014 graduates)
• Students must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree and have successfully completed relevant coursework
• Opportunities may exist in the following business units: Finance, Global Human Resources, Global Products & Solutions, Law & Franchise Integrity, U.S. Markets
• Minimum overall GPA of 3.2
• Program runs from June 6th – August 16th
Since MasterCard International will not be covering any costs associated with relocation or housing, please take that into consideration when applying for the program.
- Hands on learning through an assigned project within one of MasterCard business units. Specific accountabilities will vary for each project but may include data gathering, research and analysis, input into strategy and project management.
- Exposure to the MasterCard business including:
o Group workshops
o Focus groups
o Lunch and Learn sessions with senior level management
- End of summer presentation to peers and MasterCard employees
Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects concurrently; keen analytical and proven problem solving skills; strong strategic and conceptual aptitude; proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
For more information about MasterCard, please refer to www.mastercard.com
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. for the duration of this program without MasterCard sponsorship.
MasterCard Worldwide is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law.
MasterCard - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Surpassing Visa in market share -- now that would be priceless. Serving approximately 22,000 member financial institutions worldwide,...