Service Rep Level 2 - Imaging Department: Imaging Schedule: Full-time Shift: Days - 8 hour shifts Hours: 9-5:30 Job Details: Medical Terminology Preferred Position Summary The Imaging Services Representatives are responsible for the smooth operation of the front office of the Imaging Department. This includes greeting patients, providing information, answering phones, scheduling appointments, managing active and inactive medical records, facilitating patient admissions into the system and a variety of other duties pertinent to optimal customer service, patient flow and efficient staff utilization. Job Qualifications Education or Formal Training 2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Medical terminology course preferred. 4. Keyboarding, filing, office procedure classes and/or experience desirable.
Special Qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.) None Specified. Knowledge, Skill and Ability 2. Good organizational skills. 3.
Good keyboarding skills. 4. Proper phone etiquette and communication skills. 5.
Excellent problem solving skills. 6. Ability to exercise tact, judgment and persuasiveness in creating and maintaining harmonious relations in working with co-workers, patients, families, visitors, physicians, and the general public. 7.
Ability to maintain composure and high level of productivity in a busy setting with many interruptions. 8. Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality. 9.
Ability to file in alpha and numeric order. 10. Ability to correctly distinguish colors. 11.
Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy. Experience 1. Previous experience working in an office setting, preferably medical, with public contact reception and scheduling duties. Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
2. Familiarity with multi-line phone systems and intercom systems. 3. Cash handling experience preferred.
4. Customer service experience. Materials and Equipment Directly Used 1. Computer 2.
Laser printer 3. Copy machine 4. FAX machine 5. Multi-line phone system 7.
Filing system (alpha/numeric) 8. Rimage-At some locations 9. Digitizer 10. Scanner Working Environment/Physical Activities 1.
Requires 6-8 hours of sitting and/or standing, walking and frequent changes of position: a. Standing and reaching 8 foot files, sometimes in confined space. b. Standing and filing for lengthy periods of time.
c. Frequently required to stoop, crouch and twist. d. Occasionally required to kneel, squat and sit.
e. Occasionally required to file using a step stool for periods of time. 2. Ability tooccasionally support, push, pull and/or lift up to 30 pounds.
3. Tolerance to high noise levels, multiple interruptions and an ability to meet deadlines. 4. Ability to work well under extreme stress, perform many tasks at once and without supervision.
5. Manual dexterity to write and to operate required equipment and is able to lift items from floor to 12 inches over head of varying weights primarily less than 20 pounds. 6. Visual acuity for reading printed information and using computer.
7. Hearing acuity to use telephone, communicate with staff, patients, etc.
Nationjob.com - 11 months ago
Boulder Community Hospital provides a wide range of surgical services. Our staff takes great pride in offering care that is individualized a...