Under the guidance and direction of the Corporate Manager of Marketing Communications and Branding, the Marketing Communications Specialist will create internal and external marketing communications programs to support corporate initiatives and to effectively present and promote the company’s brands, products, and services. This position requires a well-rounded and experienced professional with proven abilities to execute marketing and communications programs and strategies for multiple audiences. Candidates must possess superior writing skills and demonstrate the ability to write for a variety of communications vehicles including marketing collateral, press releases, web, email, product catalogs, advertisements, newsletters, presentations, and training material for both internal and external audiences. The position requires a four year degree, a minimum of five years of work experience in marketing, and excellent written communications skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists Corporate Manager of Marketing Communications and Branding with the development and execution of communications and marketing materials and programs
- Meets with appropriate marketing, sales, or merchandising representatives to discuss communications needs
- Reviews previous and current marketing materials, updates materials, and gathers materials of competitive companies in the field
- Develops, maintains and proactively communicates with appropriate departments a marketing communications calendar for all related activities
- Works collaboratively on the timely development, communication, and release of a wide range of marketing materials: catalogs, web, sales materials, corporate brochures, product brochures, advertising programs, customer communications, and other marketing communications projects
- Assists with the maintenance and enhancement of company’s online marketing materials
- Coordinates and strengthens company’s internal communications programs; writes and edits communications directed at company’s sales force
- Provides marketing support for the various teams and brands through regular communication and development of marketing materials
- Develops the brand image by using the brand’s intellectual property appropriately to advance the brand image; works with the Corporate Manager of Marketing Communications and Branding to create brand guidelines; communicates brand guidelines to other teams and departments; promotes consistent use of brand image
This position does not have direct reporting personnel but requires a high degree of collaboration and communication with other departments.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, English, or journalism preferred with at least five years of experience in marketing, sales, public relations, or product or brand management.
Collaboration abilities, teamwork and inter-departmental communication skills, and writing abilities are critical to the success of this position.
Nearly all of the tasks required in this position require highly competent computer skills.
Sound business reasoning and the ability to use facts to make profitable decisions is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This is an office based position. Proper ergonomic furniture and equipment is supplied. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work performed in an office environment with partitions providing individual work space. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to research unfamiliar topics and write about them clearly for a variety of audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure and effectively handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
Interline Brands - 19 months ago