Benefits vary between Munson Medical Group (MMG) and Munson Medical Center.
Benefit eligibility for MMG is based on full time employment of 40 hours per week.
Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant Program or equivalent combination of education or experience to meet the standards of the job.
Certification with American Association of Medical Assistants or the American Medical Technologist (the Registered Medical Assistant credential) is desirable.
Human relations and interpersonal skills are required to communicate effectively with both public and coworkers orally and in writing, and the ability to work positively with all levels of clinical staff.
Assertiveness, organizational skills, effective time management, flexibility and self-motivation are essential in dealing with elements of time pressure and interruptions of activities.
Ability to perform general clerical duties such as filing, faxing, data collection, type written correspondence, etc., is required.
Works in a well lighted, air conditioned physician office setting.
Walks and stands most of the time while on duty with occasional sitting.
Must be able to meet physical demands such as bending, stretching, kneeling, twisting, etc.
Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Reports to the Practice Manager
- Interaction with customers is expected to be friendly, appropriate and accurate.
As a direct contact with patients and families, this individual must create a professional image through outstanding telephone courtesy, pleasantness, the ability to keep their composure and the use of judgment and tact in dealing with others
- Maintains a professional working relationship with staff members, ancillary services and medical staff
- Verifies that required patient chart information is updated and legibly written
- Orders and administers vaccines, screens Zostavax patients
- Wipes down exam room between each patient, stocks exam rooms weekly, checking expiration dates and putting most recent behind
- Takes patient phone calls and relays messages to providers when necessary.
Takes phone calls from pharmacies and calls in prescriptions
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Ensures customer satisfaction
Clear and courteous at all times, works to resolve conflicts
Determines priority and distinguishes between critical and non-critical information for problem resolution
Concern for Order and Standards
Checks accuracy of own work and takes accountability
Reprioritizes quickly to accommodate unexpected demands
Recognizes that others possess valuable expertise and actively solicits others’ opinions, ideas and recommendations.
Builds consensus with others