We currently have an excellent opportunity in our Ewing, NJ headquarters for a Purchasing Manager, Indirect.
The Purchasing Manager, Indirect is responsible for supporting corporate sourcing initiatives for indirect and capital categories. Reporting to the Senior Purchasing Manager, this individual will support strategic sourcing initiatives for indirect categories and perform data analysis to identify new sourcing and other cost optimization opportunities. Potential categories include travel, print, contract labor, marketing, advertising, media, professional services, counters, market research, office supplies, office equipment, uniforms, forms, auto leasing, meetings, construction, telecommunications, and information technology.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Responsible for category strategy, supplier selection, negotiation and measurement and maintenance.
o Negotiate yearly contracts on large volume commodity bids. Obtains and analyzes suppliers quotations and awards business based on quality, service and lowest ultimate cost to the Company.
o Develop and maintain sources of supply based on reliability, financial responsibility, technical competence and adequate capacity.
o Informed of economic and business conditions in the industry as they impact supplies and costs. Report important developments/events to the Sr. Purchasing Mgr./Vice President of Corporate Purchasing.
• Supports other disciplines as necessary.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory issues where necessary.
• Responsible for internal as well as external audits.
• Develops, lead and monitors cost savings and other projects.
• Supplier visits and audits
• Prepare Capital Expenditure Request including all necessary documentation.
• An undergraduate degree in relevant areas such as operations, technology or finance
• 5+ years of indirect procurement experience
• Proficient skills in Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Access required
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong prioritization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- SAP experience, a plus.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Church & Dwight Co. - 17 months ago
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.0 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the...