Business Title: Director, Economics & Regulation
Requisition Number: 32845
Area of Interest: Economic Services
KPMG’s Advisory Services Practice focuses on fundamental business issues — managing risk, increasing revenues, controlling costs — that organizations, across various industries, should address in order to help them flourish. We help companies to identify and manage risks inherent in business processes and technology systems that support business objectives, and provide them with the information needed to help them meet their strategic and financial goals. Services are specialized to help clients mitigate risks across an overall risk spectrum. We are currently seeking a Director, Economics & Regulation for our KPMG Risk Consulting practice to join us in our Philadelphia office.
- Oversee and coordinate various aspects of the engagement, including designing the analytical approach from data gathering, to financial and economic analyses to compiling findings in written reports
- Interact with, and interview, clients and other external sources for the purpose of obtaining relevant information and documents
- Develop ability to serve as an advisor in multiple practice areas and provide expert testimony in these areas
- Spearhead business development initiatives, including attending industry conferences, identifying speaking engagements, teaming internally, and targeting appropriate clients externally
- Identify publishing opportunities and author thought leadership pieces targeting developments in the world of finance and economics
- Help mentor and actively develop staff, including assisting with recruitment of top talent to grow the practice
No phone calls or agencies please.
- Five years of economic consulting, or relevant industry experience, in a case management role with strong knowledge in areas such as finance theory, investments, financial derivatives, industrial organization, accounting, and econometrics
- Master’s or PhD degree in economics, finance, or general business or a related field from an accredited college/university
- Advanced experience with MS Excel and Access; experience with SAS, eViews, @Risk or other statistical software desired
- Successful track record in building a sustainable book of consulting business with the Fortune 500
- Thorough understanding of regulatory, competition and legislative agencies, the political climate, and industry participants
- Ability to travel at a moderate level
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG LLP - 10 months ago
KPMG L.L.P. is the US member firm of KPMG International, a global network of accountancies with a 300-year history. Today, parent KPMG is on...