Wounded Warrior Project Alumni Applicants : If you are a Wounded Warrior Project Alumnus and wish to apply, please click here . Attach a copy of your resume along with the title of the position you are applying for. After you have submitted your resume via email to the Warriors to Work team through the above link, please continue to the bottom of the job description to formally apply online to the opportunity. If you are not an Alumnus with Wounded Warrior Project please continue to the bottom of the page to submit your resume.
Payroll Specialist performs a variety of accounting work with emphasis in technical and administrative tasks related to payroll, including preparation of some payroll financial reports, statements, and special financial analysis. The Payroll Specialist should have experience in multi-state payroll operations. Individual should have experience processing and/or administering payroll through a third party payroll service vendor, e.g.ADP, Ceridian, Peoplesoft, Workday, Paychex, UltiPro, etc
Essential Job Functions:
- Review and enter employee time into the payroll system.
- Review figures for accuracy and necessary approvals.
- Analyze payroll documentation for accuracy through audit reports, makes any necessary adjustments and obtain necessary approvals.
- Print and maintain payroll reports.
- Work closely with Human Resources and Accounting on all payroll related issues.
- Ensure bi-weekly and monthly payroll is processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review non-exempt personnel time sheets for compliance with policy, state and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for taxable fringe benefits administration.
- Maintain accurate payroll records and employee files, including reconciliation of payroll account.
- Ensure accurate benefit deductions and record keeping.
- Assist with unemployment claims administration.
- Review and audit master file and pay data entries, YTD totals, and file amendments.
- Prepare various payroll and management reports, journal entries, and reconcile quarterly payroll taxes.
- Responsible for handling all garnishments, deductions, and vacation/sick accruals.
- Reconcile payroll bank statements and reviews the accuracy of payroll deductions to payroll output documents.
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters.
- Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Cross-train in accounts payable to assist as backup when necessary.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
The employee’s job functions include but are not limited to those mentioned above
A Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance preferred. At least three years of experience in payroll processing operations required. Experience processing and/or administering multi-state payroll through a third party payroll service vendor, e.g.ADP, Ceridian, Peoplesoft, Workday, Paychex, UltiPro, etc.preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, as this position will interface with internal customers.
- Highly motivated, passionate and creative team player with demonstrated commitment to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team environment with ability to communicate with diverse personalities in a tactful, mature and flexible manner.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess a professional presence and demeanor.
- Must possess excellent oral communication skills.
- Able to troubleshoot, identify viable options and problem solve.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, work independently and work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software or have the ability to quickly learn.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Some travel required
Wounded Warrior Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is Wounded Warrior Project policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Wounded Warrior Project does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and childbirth, or related medical conditions), color, religion, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.