A cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position is required. You can upload a cover letter when you create an applicant profile.
This position is intended to fulfill the institutional service and support role of acting as the in-house expert regarding application of operational Human Resource related policy and procedure as well as ensuring compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state regulation and ongoing administration of institutional-wide compensation systems. Core Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to the following representative listing) – compliance support regarding developing, promoting, applying, managing and maintaining contemporary, effective formal policies/procedures; ensuring compliance with laws and regulations which control or impact aspects of the employer/employee relationship including wage & hour, employment, benefits, etc. Responsible for acting in a senior specialist capacity regarding organizational-wide compensation and classification systems/programs including design, ongoing analysis, implementation, and administration of compensation programs plus job evaluation, salary administration and compensation practices, development of salary structures and guidelines (including ensuring FLSA/Wage & Hour compliance regarding wage processing); this may include tactical fulfillment of in-house, ongoing job analysis and evaluation, determination of relative job worth with regard to internal equity and external competitiveness to enable contemporary, appropriate salary/wage recommendations. Also organizes and oversees periodic internal audits for compliance of internal processes with FLSA/Wage & Hour regulations and applicable aspects of IRC. Other tasks may be assigned based on contemporary institutional need.
Benefits: 85% of health insurance premiums paid by the College, 21 vacation days fronted, 12 sick days, 2 personal days and 15 paid holidays annually. Typically 5-7 paid holidays from Christmas to New Year's Day. For full listing of benefits, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Compensation: High $50,000s depending on experience and education.
Closing Date: Position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by January 23, 2013.
Starting Date: As soon after hiring process as practical.
For information about Cheyenne, visit http://www.lccc.cc.wy.us/about/welcome
I. HR Compliance Manager: This position facilitates the development, revising/updating, interpretation, and application of operational/internal policy and procedure as well as ensuring compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state regulation via planning, processing, tracking, analyzing, reporting, and problem-solving/troubleshooting, and continuous process improvement. Representative responsibilities include:
Actively engages in compliance oversight in support of overall institutional success by developing, promoting, implementing, managing and maintaining contemporary, effective formal HR related policies/procedures.
II. Senior Specialist, Compensation: The role is intended to serve as the subject matter expert, acting a senior specialist capacity, regarding organizational-wide compensation and classification systems/programs via design, analysis, implementation, and recommendations of compensation programs and compensation-related activities. Representative responsibilities include:
- Ensures any employee materials such as handbooks, employment agreements, etc. are updated and current with regard to current HR related policy and procedures.
- Supports active compliance efforts as the subject matter expert via the provision of policy/procedure training for managers/supervisors, employees; responds to inquiries regarding application and implementation of HR-related policy and procedure – escalating to the HR Director when necessary.
- Provide training to all employees concerning Title IX policy.
- Receive, process and investigate, in a timely manner, inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and administrators regarding rights and responsibilities concerning harassing behavior or other discriminatory behavior in violation of Title IX.
- Collaborates with the HRIS Specialist to organizes periodic audits of HR-related records, HR programs, services, practices, etc. to determine compliance status; also organizes and oversees periodic internal audits for compliance of internal wage payment processes for compliance with FLSA/Wage & Hour regulations and applicable aspects of IRC. Analyzes results of audits and formulates recommendations regarding any findings.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, acts in a coordination capacity with an external agency that engages in auditing, compliance investigation, or other activities related to human resources and/or employment/employees, (e.g., ICE audit of I-9s).
- May acts in a initial primary capacity regarding organizational response to various employee claims such as unemployment claims, wage disputes, etc.; appropriately responding to some inquiries may require in-depth research.
- When delegated to do so, acts as the legal liaison in employment-related matters which may include acting in a coordination capacity regarding preparing and arranging presentation of documentary and other evidence needed by retained legal counsel for an administrative proceedings.
III. HR Team Service & Support: This position is accountable for functioning as an effective member of the HR Team in the provision of quality service, support, and continuous process improvement; representative responsibilities include:
- Ongoing analysis of the compensation function organizational wide. Plans, develops, and recommends new and revised compensation programs, policies, procedures, in order to be responsive to the college’s goals and competitive practices; fully document compensation procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Conducts individual job evaluation/analysis for determine appropriate placement within contemporary compensation program; job evaluation will include consideration of relative job worth with regard to internal equity and external competitiveness, etc.
- Assures thorough audits, reports and personal oversight, that college compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and procedures plus any applicable federal and state regulations.
- Analyzes and monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans which are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and college objectives.
- Supports contemporary compensation program efforts by serving as the subject matter expert on compensation via the provision of training for managers/supervisors, employees; responds to inquiries regarding application and implementation of compensation programs – escalating to the Executive Director when necessary.
- Serves as the in-house expert plus provides analytical oversight and ongoing administration of institutional-wide compensation programs to include development of salary structures and guidelines, advising managers/supervisors on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific situations.
- Provides professional oversight/internal auditor functionality regarding wage processing and any other direct compensation (executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs) for all employees including oversight and guidance on the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions taken on behalf of any employee.
- Collaborates with the HRIS Specialist regarding review of and consideration of applicability of contemporary wage/salary information gained via compensation benchmarking/salary surveys.
- Assists managers/supervisors with compensation related issues, escalating to the Executive Director when needed.
- Providing basic interpretation of various HR-related regulations, policies, procedures, practices, etc. for Administrators, Managers/Supervisors, and employees; may be requested to provide such information in small-group settings as well as individually.
- Training cross-functionally with other members of the HR team to ensure service coverage, the ability to back each other up, as well as inter-team and intra-team support for HR activities.
- Effectively utilizing various communication channels (e.g., telephone, email, regular mail) to best accomplish essential functions of the position as well as support organizational efforts to provide positive internal/external member service. Preparing a variety of correspondence and reports as appropriate to the assigned HR focus area.
- Conducting research and special projects on HR-related topics as assigned; may participate in the resolution of employee concerns and complaints as appropriate.
- Supporting logistical HR Team functioning which includes ensuring adequate supplies of supplies related to the assigned HR focus area for the effective accomplishment of departmental processes.
- Actively participating on various in-house teams/cross-functional work groups chartered with the responsibility for various special projects intended to add-value, increase efficiency, enhance effectiveness, improve morale, etc. of the College.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
- 5 years of experience working in an advanced-level HR-related role required (advanced degree may be considered in lieu of experience).
- Contemporary knowledge and understanding of employee/employer law, regulation, applicable statute, procedures, practices, and policies.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- Master’s degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Human Resources, Juris Doctorate or related degree field.
- 3 years of management experience.
- SPHR certification.
- Experience providing compliance/policy/procedure support in an educational setting.
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
Human Resources, Human Resources Manager, Compliance Officer, Employee Relations, HR Specialist, Human Resources Executive