According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and
local regulations and under the general supervision of the Facility Rehabilitation Manager, the purpose of this
position is to supervise, provide and direct therapy rehabilitation services in compliance with company and facility
policies and procedures. A review of performance will be conducted on a yearly basis.
- Evaluation and treatment of residents who demonstrate disorders or neurological deficit, weakness, and
paralysis. Evaluation and treatment will only be conducted in accordance with the rules of the Occupational
Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers Board of the State of Ohio and the Ohio Revised Code,
- Screening of residents of the facility are as follows:
New/Re-admission facility residents: Within 24 hours of admission
Long term residents: At least quarterly, upon receipt of a “significant change” request, and/or referral
- Completion of all necessary documentation, which includes but is not limited to the following items:
Daily Billing Record
Daily Clinical Notes
Weekly Progress Notes
All other required forms as designated by the facility and Facility Rehabilitation Manager
- The OTR/L will maintain progressive knowledge of the occupational therapy field, attending related inservices
and continuing education programs.
- The OTR/L is responsible for attending all required facility meetings and in-services, including Medicare
meetings, patient staffing, family meetings, care plans.
- The OTR/L in cooperation with the Facility Rehabilitation Manager/Regional Rehabilitation Manager,
develop programs appropriate to the needs of the residents in the facility, to assist them in achieving their
highest feasible level of functioning.
- The OTR/L will assist the facility in meeting the standards necessary to obtain state, federal, and other
- The OTR/L will employ and follow all appropriate facility infection control policies and procedures and will
respect and follow OBRA Resident’s Rights Guidelines.
- The OTR/L is responsible for the appropriate scheduling of residents on caseload in addition to all required inservices
and meetings to meet department productivity standard of at least 75%.
- The OTR/L is responsible for the scheduling and completing of in-services for facility staff education.
- The OTR/L will present her/himself in a professional manner at all times including professional conduct,
professional communication, and appropriate dress while in the facility.
- Adheres to departmental and facility policies and procedures.
- Maintains responsible work attendance, communicating requested days off with at least 30 days advance
- Other duties as assigned by the Facility Rehabilitation Manager, Regional Rehabilitation Manager, and facility.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy
Experience: Minimum of two years clinical experience
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the
ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills : Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web. Must have good written and verbal communications skills.
Licensure: Current Ohio License
National Church Residences - 12 months ago