Bon Appetit Management Company at Saint Louis Art Museum is looking for talented food and beverage professionals in preparation for the opening of our new restaurant and cafe operations.
The Catering Manager for Bon Appétit Management Company is responsible for the successful execution of all catering events. This position supervises the sales and event order communications, scheduling and training of service staff, planning, delivery, set up, clean up, and proper invoicing for all daily events.
• Ensure that all daily catering orders are processed, and fulfilled to client and Bon Appétit expectations.
• Schedule catering personnel appropriately based upon business needs and events.
• Accommodate last minute orders and add-ons efficiently and courteously.
• Manage and maintain small wares, delivery equipment, vehicle inventory and supply.
• Consistent and efficient completion of all catering paperwork- including schedules, changes, business fluctuations while maintaining a professional, calm and composed demeanor.
Supervision and Staff Development
• Monitors all events and ensures proper food delivery and pick up times are met.
• Ensures catering staff is in proper uniform and adhering to unit specific appearance standards.
• Interviews, Hires, Trains and Evaluates staff for catering positions.
• Provides feedback and support to employees to further their development. Counsels as necessary.
• Ensures that all Hiring and Training standards are met and documented for employees, including but not limited to New Hire Packet, Employee Hand Book Sign off Sheet, Fact Training Completion, and Safety Training.
• Maintain all staff payroll in unit timekeeping system, ensure that payroll is submitted accurately and on a timely basis.
• Works with the chef to make sure that all catering menu items meet Bon Appétit’s Sustainability Commitments.
• Ensures that all catering orders and event sheets are distributed and updated clearly for all culinary staff
• Ensures that all foods, beverages, and garnishes are consistent with Bon Appétit culinary standards
• Works with Chef to ensure that portion sizes are standardized and maintained for all functions
• Regularly participates in catering functions and reviews set up, food display, taste, temperature and ease of use to determine better practices to implement. Works with staff on set up and food display to make sure that all events meet pre established Great Expectations Catering standards.
• Represents company in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner in all customer and employee interactions
• Greets customers courteously, and Interacts with customers in a manner to ensure customer satisfaction
• Interact with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and service oriented manner
• Reviews and Responds to all customer comments with in 24 hours of submission.
• Relays relevant comments from customers directly to supervisors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• General Hospitality knowledge and interest in sustainability and sustainable food practices
• At least two years similar work experience
• Ability to interact with diverse and high volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Ability to operate Web based ordering system, process customer requests, changes to orders, menu updates and client profiles.
• Proficient with word processing and spread sheet applications.
• Ability to write professional and efficient emails to clients and customers.
• Posses the ability to meet Bon Appétit unit specific uniform standards for this position.
• Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment’s per Bon Appétit guidelines.
• Ability to work at times with minimal supervision, and accomplish tasks without direct instruction, and problem solve for the best solutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
• Walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
• Push and Pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must consistently utilize all Personal Protective Equipment per Bon Appétit guidelines.
• Must wear a cut resistance glove whenever using a sharp or potentially sharp tool or instrument.
This position supervises numerous (5-10) hourly employees. Both delivery personnel and at times culinary personnel.
Bon Appetit offers benefits for all employees (full time, part time and on-call).
Bon Appétit Management Company is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V
Must be able to pass criminal background check, E-Verify, and be available to provide a minimum of two references.
Bon Appetit Mgmt Co - 17 months ago