The Senior Director of Strategic Finance & Operations reports to the Vice President, Finance and is primarily responsible for all activities associated with System-level financial planning, budgeting and month end operating results. The position has further responsibility for long term financial planning and modeling including debt capacity and merger/acquisition impact analysis, budgeting, financial analysis, month end operating results reporting and analysis as well as capital allocation at the System level.
- Supervises and directs the daily operations of the Strategic Finance & Operations department and prepares annual goals, objectives and strategies for the department.
- Directs the process of preparing the System’s five year financial plan/annual budget including preparation of key assumptions, documentation, and presentation material for senior management and Finance Committee consideration.
- Directs the preparation of the System’s annual five year Integrated Strategic Financial Plan to include long range projections of operating results and analysis of the System’s strategic capital and debt capacity.
- Directs the monthly financial operational analysis activities at the System, ministry market and local Health Ministry levels ensuring consistency and coordination of the cross-functional team.
- Develops and coordinates the System’s capital allocation process to include initial development of methodology, implementation of strategy and ongoing coordination of process.
- Responsible for the coordination and preparation of all financial reports and presentations for the CFO and VP of Finance for the Ascension Health Finance Committee, Leadership Forum, Executive Advisory Councils and other committees as required.
- Responsible for coordinating Financial Services support for System level initiatives including the write up and analytics of business cases, the non-core asset strategy, payor mix, service line, efficiency, productivity, benchmark reporting as identified and required.
- Responsible for System-level analysis of merger and acquisition activities in addition to participation in due diligence process.
- Maintains ongoing development and updates of the System financial models, including communication and education/training for the System and local Health Ministry users of these models. Current models include Strata, Enuff, Hyperion.
- Assists the Vice President, Finance in the identification, development and advancement of best practices in financial planning and capital allocation modeling across the local Health Ministries.
- Develops and maintains a close working relationship with the Finance staff and local Health Ministry CFOs in order to foster teamwork, effective communication and cohesiveness regarding System-wide financial matters.
- Pursues continuing education and professional organization memberships to advance knowledge of financial planning and analyses.
- Creates an environment within the Strategic Finance & Operations department that fosters teamwork, effective communication, responsiveness and customer service.
- Performs special assignments or projects as directed and serves on committees and task forces, as assigned.
- Promotes and practices the Ascension Health Mission Values; Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
- Promotes and exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Finance and/or CPA is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience demonstrating increasing responsibilities.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Extensive knowledge of hospital operations, financial reporting, financial planning, strong verbal, analytic and written communication skills, and the ability to present complex information to varying levels of individuals throughout the organization is required.
- Must possess strong supervisory skills necessary to direct the Strategic Finance & Operations staff
- Must possess strong collaborative skills to coordinate and lead major financial projects for the organization.
Ascension Health - 15 months ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...