EdgeWave™ (OTCBB/OTCQB: EWVE) develops and markets on demand, on-premises, and hybrid Secure Content Management (SCM) solutions to the mid-enterprise and service provider markets
The Unix/Linux System Administrator is responsible for the design , implementation , support , and troubleshooting of a mixed network environment supporting both hosted systems as well as customer appliances. The Unix/Linux System Administrator will take a lead role in all projects related to corporate and production network s (supporting infrastructure , hosted and appliance customer servers) implementations and upgrades.
Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements and Experience · BS in a technical genre or equivalent combination of education and industry experience
- Perform as top-level system administrator m aintain ing , updating and enhancing the production systems , including monitoring , managing , and tuning servers , and systems t o ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Recommend , design and implement system solutions to connect and support information flow within the company’s customer and productions networks.
- Design, implement and manage security systems throughout the corporate and production network.
- Work with vendors during ordering and implementation.
- Provide on- call support to Tier 3 Support Personnel , Hosted Events/Alarms , or escalations generated by the support staff.
- Manage multiple network monitoring systems (NMS) to continually check on all customer and production systems, related infrastructure and corporate infrastructure.
- Manage the installation of software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and local ly developed monitoring tools.
- Perform System failure analysis and recovery; insuring the consistency and integrity of file systems.
- Develop and implement Business Continuity p lanning; Disaster Recovery planning & the im plementation of the developed plans.
- Implement h ardware/softwar e configuration and management
- Support systems located in corporate offices, multiple 24x7 data facilities, and customer premises.
- Manage and lead hardware and software migration and upgrade efforts o f varying size and complexity.
- Identify and select appropriate tools, data, and analysis techniques to diagnose problems and develop solution s.
- Balance competing short and long-term departmental goals in alignment with company direction and objectives.
- Recommend and implement ch anges to operational processes
- Anticipate potential problems , or opportunities for change.
- Lead groups in setting goals and monitor progress, and iden tify need for outside support.
- Formally transfer technical or admin istrative knowledge to others.
- Participation in 24x7x365 on-call coverage is required .
- Other duties as required
- 3-5 y ear s professional U nix /Linux S ystems Administration experience
- E xperience in a Network Engineer role desirable
- Data C enter E nvironment experience desirable
- CC NP certification desired. JNCIS , MCSE a plus
- Experience in supporting the following applications Cacti, MYSQL , Postgres , PERL , Nagios , Apache, Python , PHP, applications written in Java
- In-depth knowledge of Linux , Apache and supporting services such as NFS and SSH
- Strong experience with system management tools, logical file systems, and client/server environments
- In-depth hardware configuration knowledge
- Shell scripting expertise
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be customer focused , action oriented , able to set priorities and possess strong business acumen
- Abilit y to work in a team environment
- Must possess excellent communication, negotiatio n and project management skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people
EdgeWave offers a casual work environment , a competitive benefit package (including 10 paid holidays and 3 weeks of paid time off , increasing to 4 weeks of vacation after 4 years of service ) , and a great environment for career growth. Come unleash your talents at EdgeWave!
- Experience with Juniper and Cisco networking equipment
- Strong knowledge of VPN technologies ( OpenVPN, Juniper, PPTP)
- Thorough knowledge of WAN technologies.
- K nowledge of IP routing and IP routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS , EIGRP , and BGP).
- SAN and NAS (NetApp, Openfiler)
- Windows Systems Administration
EdgeWave is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse work team (EEO/AA). To apply , click on the following link or copy the link into your browser: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1269201
Monster - 2 years ago