Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Civil
Job Title :
Water Resources Engineer
Type of Position:
• Bachelor of Science in Civil, Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in Municipal/Private/Industrial Water/Wastewater Treatment design with emphasis on biological treatment and membranes. Process experience with water and wastewater plants in municipal, private and industrial setting.
• A current PE in Delaware/ Maryland/ Pennsylvania.
•This position requires successful completion of the URS Project Management Certification program within 6 months of hire.
• The position requires the candidate to have excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective client presentations and written report preparation.
• Valid Driver's License. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
Leads water and wastewater engineering investigations and planning work related to findings in the field;
-leads development of assessing the feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions and regulatory agency specifications;
-Develops preliminary designs for budgetary proposals for integrated water/wastewater plants;
-Develops design calculations for selected processes, particularly biological treatment processes; modeling experience using BioWin® or similar process design software.
-Performs hydraulic modeling; Hydraulic modeling experience using InfoWorks/InfoWater®.
- Serve as a Project Manager responsible for different aspects of project implementation including day to day contact with the client, scope, budget, schedule, quality, health & safety, staffing, and technical direction. --Prepare written reports and ensuring project completion.
- Must work well with multiple offices and have the ability to manage people, resources, and the financial performance of projects. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Responsible for overall client satisfaction, quality, health & safety, and overall work product. Work with technical team to ensure the success of the project.
- Position requires the desire to meet new potential clients, and current clients, assist in writing proposals and help grow URS's workload. Must be able to delegate work to team members and others with specific expertise, while taking a share of the overall responsibility for the success of the project.
- Serves as a technical resource for project.
- Participates in various market segment teams to support strategy development and implementation to grow URS' backlog.
- Supports marketing and proposal efforts as needed.
- Interface with other engineering disciplines.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation - 9 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...