Scholastic Book Fairs
works with schools across the country to host more than 120,000 annual reading events, connecting more than 55 million children with great books each year. Book Fairs foster enthusiasm for reading, while helping to build school and classroom libraries by providing students, teachers and parents access to thousands of books and educational products at affordable prices.
The individual chosen for the
Assistant Product Category Manager
will work within the Product Management department from our corporate headquarters in Lake Mary to assist in developing product assortments and merchandising plans in the Preschool, Picture Books and Early Readers category.
- Participate in the book selection process by reading, reviewing and recommending titles for use in book fairs each season.
- Coordinate materials and agenda items for weekly cross Scholastic division meetings.
- Manage the book review process to ensure new titles are distributed, reviewed and tracked on a continual basis.
- Assist Category Manager with data input related to adding titles to database systems.
- Attain proficiency with Category Assortment Planning Tool.
- Analyze product movement information – monitors, inventory, market research, and point of sale – to gain and apply an understanding of our customers and product sales to improve product selections, project sales by title surface new category opportunities.
- Create, manage & communicate marketing (booklists, videos, annotations, etc.,) information and samples.
- Provide content for semiannual Season Kick Off category plan presentations and weekly Product Alert newsletter to communicate category strategies, top sales driving titles and product trends to the sales organization.
- Create internal sales and marketing content for the seasonal Product Manual
- Assist Category Manager with managing media license (Disney, Lego, etc.,) plans and commitments.
Bachelor’s degree or 3 years equivalent experience.
Strong organization and communication skills.
Excellent writing, grammar and proofing skills required.
Knowledge of, experience with, and a love for books is a plus.
Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Access and Word.
Motivated to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
Our generous full time benefits include career opportunities, competitive salaries and comprehensive healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription) as well as 401(k) and a 50% employee discount!
Once upon a time, a company grew up to become one of the world's leading children's book publishers. Scholastic Corporation sells...