This position requires a QMHA credential (Qualified Mental Health Associate- bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field or 3 years full time professional work experience with individuals with mental illness.
The Skills Trainer must demonstrate an appreciation of and respect for cultural diversity. The Skills Trainer must have a work history of dependability along with strong interpersonal, organizational and clinical skills.
Computer skills must include the ability to enter and retrieve data, prepare professional progress notes and complete online trainings.
The Skills Trainer is responsible for offering individual clinical support, skills training and crisis intervention as well as facilitating group activities in house and in the community.
This position requires a valid driver's license and clean driving record and must be able to pass a Department of Motor Vehicles check.
Work Schedule and Job Description:
The Skills trainer will provide on call relief, working as a member of a team to provide support and skills training to residents of the program. The work schedule for this position is on call, as needed, to cover vacations and sick days of the primary staff. The schedule, when possible, is determined ahead of time.
The setting for this position is in an unsecured residential treatment facility that serves 13 adults (men and women) with severe and persistent mental illness. This is a transitional program supporting residents in formulating treatment plans and achieving goals. We operate from a strengths based recovery model to assist clients in achieving their individual goals. The program goals and objectives are designed to assist residents to transition successfully to environments with a higher level of independence.
The position duties include:
This Skills Trainer will:
- providing residents with support and therapeutic interventions as needed
- facilitating group and individual skills training
- supervision and support in living skills (ie. self care, hygiene, community resources)
- providing assistance with medication management
- providing assistance in crisis situations, following emergency protocols
- demonstrate appropriate boundaries and ethics
- respect and honor client rights
- demonstrate responsibility for safety of residents and property
- fulfill professional clinical documentation and billing requirements
- maintain clinical records
- participate in regular supervision and staff meetings
- complete employee trainings.
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. - 24 months ago