Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor), is the leading manufacturer and wholesaler of prescription lenses in the United States.
We currently have an IT Enterprise Architect – UI/UX career opportunity at our Dallas, TX location.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Architecture, the IT Enterprise Architect – UI/UX has senior-level technical responsibility for overseeing the design, development and governance of all user interfaces and experience for IT applications at Essilor of America. Dealing primarily with interfaces built atop the Force.com platform, responsibilities cover all products within the integration technologies stack and leverage both web and mobile based architectures. We are looking for a hands-on visionary in UI design and development to create elegant and exciting user experiences that will drive rapid adoption of the platform. This individual will be joining an exciting organization that is leveraging the latest cloud and integration technologies to create a cutting edge social enterprise platform that will enhance business and IT processes, enable collaboration and modernize customer self service. Working closely with other members of the enterprise architecture team, IT application development, support and testing, as well as business users, both internal and external, you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your web design and usability skills to the entire organization and its partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designing and help implement effective, consistent user experiences that works across devices (e.g., desktop, tablet, phone, etc.).
• Communicate design effectively through wireframes, mockups, prototypes and interactive content.
• Collaborate with others, both within and outside the team, to inform, improve and validate designs.
• Create UI/UX guidelines, style guides, images and icons, etc. as needed.
• Stay current with industry developments and incorporate new technology when applicable.
• Perform as a technical design leader for both the integrated technologies and application development teams.
• Produce relevant technical documentation.
• Become an advocate for the Force.com platform and best practices within the enterprise.
• Perform and/or assist with user training on all applications within the platform, including demos and the creation of training material.
• Drive the ongoing process of user experience improvements across the platform, via product release cycles.
• Heavy interfacing with other IT development teams. Will also work with appropriate vendors support when necessary to resolve technology problems.
• Communicate to management on Issues, Risks and status.
• Ensure alignment with corporate standards and strategic technology decisions.
Qualifications and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree or formal training in computer science, graphic design, web development, fine arts, digital animation, or related field.
• Minimum of four years of experience as web graphic designer.
• At least 3 years of professional software development experience, primarily in UI/UX-focused roles.
• Demonstrated ability to conceptualize creative and engaging web/mobile and UX design via a personal portfolio (applicants must submit at least three examples of mobile or web sites/apps they have designed or created that are currently live online).
• Knowledge of technical design and structure of web projects, including the production of digital images, video, and multimedia pieces optimized for the web.
• Adept with the Adobe creative suite of tools, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Knowledgeable about emerging concepts and thought-leaders in user-centric design and data visualization
• Experience in mobile development platforms & application UI design (iOS, Android, etc.) preferred.
• Ability to design and develop on and for users of both Mac and Windows.
• Knowledge of SalesForce.com custom, sales and service clouds a plus.
• Strong analytical, good communication and inter-personal skills are required as interactions with business and end users a must.
Essilor of America, Inc. - 13 months ago