Write, review, and approve reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
A Whelan Security Account Manager must represent Whelan's 10 Core Values of Truth-Telling, Promise-Keeping, Respect, Loyalty,Empowerment, Discipline, Leadership, Flexibility, Quality Assurance, and Results while performing the following duties:
- Build, improve and maintain relationships with clients and employees, develop staff, and coordinate needed support services to effectively run the site/portfolio and meet or exceed financial and operational goals of the assigned account(s).
- Individual’s performance will be evaluated based on, but not limited to, achieving financial goals, developing staff and on providing quality customer service.
- N otifies police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- P atrol industrial or commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
Basic Qualifications :
Basic Skills :
- Ability to communicate effectively at a supervisory level both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to supervise the mitigation of typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
Basic Attributes :
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Far Vision - The ability to see details at a distance.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Experience, Work History, and Education :
- 3-5 year's supervisory training and/or experience is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate a stable work history with at least one verifiable positive work reference.
- Have evidence of obtaining a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must successfully pass an extensive background screening which will include criminal record checks (local, state and federal), drug test, skills assessment test, interviews, and personality profile.
- Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have no criminal convictions as specified under Whelan Security guidelines.
- Successful completion of Whelan’s Pre-Employment Assessment of Knowledge (PEAK).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, Whelan Security is a privately-held, family-owned company providing contract security services...