Case Western Reserve University is the largest private research university in Ohio. The University's 128-acre campus is the heart of Cleveland's University Circle – the region's cultural hub, home of more than 40 arts, medical, educational, religious, and social service institutions.
Director of Admissions, Operations, Weatherhead School of Management #4189
Under the general direction of the senior director of admissions, the director of operations is responsible for providing leadership in bringing excellence and a forward-thinking service approach to the operations and processes of the WSOM admissions offices. Working closely with the broader enrollment team, this position will connect with various constituents to effectively serve internal and external customers in the admissions process.
1. Lead the efforts to strategically develop, document, and
integrate processes and data flow to help Weatherhead’s graduate business programs achieve enrollment objectives.
2. Act as project manager and developer to increase effectiveness
of processes and systems in regards to enrollment (i.e., database testing, new technology initiatives, data loads, etc.).
3. Manage efforts and expertise of the admissions programmer
analyst and web developers to serve prospective students.
4. Develop, implement and manage innovative data processes and
technology solutions across all programs that meet fast-paced customer needs.
5. Establish and manage application standards for all of
Weatherhead to drive beneficial results.
6. Oversee and ensure data flow and communication plans to deliver
timely and consistent turnaround on new prospective student inquiries regarding their application, which promote timeliness and data integrity within the process.
7. Serve as primary liaison and project manager with ITS department
in regards to Hobsons and PeopleSoft (Student Information System).
8. Review and document data flow and operational processes for
ongoing training of continuous improvement. Provide support and training to functional experts as needed.
9. Coordinate with outside vendors to deliver solution-oriented
10. Influence and advance the overall enrollment and retention efforts of Weatherhead, specifically contributing to the admissions leadership team.
11. In partnership with senior director of admissions, design and implement the communication plan for admitted and deposited students (includes the onboarding process and hand off to Student Affairs)
12. Manage subcontracted agencies and vendors as necessary.
13. Track and analyze effectiveness of admissions and enrollment processes initiatives and activities.
14. Analyze and measure success of communication channels and methods to improve effectiveness of communications throughout the application and onboarding process
15. Benchmark Weatherhead application and admissions processes with other business schools.
16. Complete a thorough analysis of application communication and enrollment activities with an eye towards implementing more effective and efficient activities.
17. Conduct research to identify additional ways to improve application completion rates
18. Work with senior director to determine opportunities for recommenders and referral sources.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Department: Continuous contact with all Weatherhead faculty and staff to achieve enrollment goals
University: Regular contact with Case Western Reserve University admissions, IT, security and facilities personnel among others for best practices, information, and resources identification.
External: Continuous contact with prospective students, and others, i.e. alumni, as needed.
Students: Continuous contact with Weatherhead students and occasional contact with students from other schools within the University for the purpose of gaining insight and feedback on our current or anticipated applications processes.
Supervisory responsibility for two (2) application assistants and as assigned admissions administration graduate students.
Experience: 5 to 7 years of experience in admissions or related field. A minimum of two years in progressively responsible leadership positions in admissions or related field.
Education/Licensing: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in business, operations, human resources or related field required.
1. Ability to recognize the potential for errors with processes and
reports, and excellent investigative and problem-solving skills.
2. Advanced and continued knowledge of technology.
3. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical
personnel and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
4. Public speaking experience.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
6. High level of initiative and ability to work independently.
7. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
8. Strong customer service orientation and understanding of needs
of graduate students.
9. Ability and willingness to travel on occasional or regular basis,
10. Ability to analyze and solve problems; train assigned staff and to write instructions and document work in progress.
11. Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.
12. Strong project management skills.
13. Ability to work with a diverse community of students, faculty, administrators and professional colleagues.
14. Strong customer service orientation.
15. A valid driver's license and ability to travel are required.
16. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends is required.
General office working environment. Evening and some weekend work
required. Domestic and international travel required.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Apply at; jobs.case.edu, #4189
- 13 months ago - save job