Reporting to the Vice President, Sales and Marketing, the Connecticut Territory Sales Manager will be located in the Hartford, CT area and will have primary responsibility for driving the revenues and profitability of the region. This position, which will work closely with the Business Unit Manager, will be directly responsible for driving the sales process, exceeding annual business plan objectives, developing and implementing a variety of sales initiatives and improving the overall effectiveness of the territory. This person is expected to be innovative, self-directed and independent in achieving business goals and objectives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned as necessary)
Sales Territory Development
- Manage the overall development of the territory to hit/exceed revenue, profitability and market penetration targets.
- Continually evaluate Business Unit market share position; identifying the untapped marketplaces, while putting together and implementing a plan to grow the CT Region to its full potential.
- Alongside the Vice President, Sales and Marketing, develop and execute a comprehensive plan for the Insurance, Commercial and Consumer markets.
- Actively sell and grow your own account base.
- Manage a field sales team by providing leadership, training, management, and sales support to ensure achievement of sales targets.
- Establish sales budgets and quotas; analyzes actual sales against budgeted sales volume and market penetration to refine sales strategy
- Manages Business Unit marketing promotion activities.
- Provides input into overall company’s marketing/media plan.
- Conduct Regular Reviews and Employee Feedback Sessions.
- Work collaboratively with Business Unit Manager to achieve Business Unit objectives.
- Effectively communicate with both CSR’s and Technicians in order to provide the best customer interaction and development possible.
- Work closely with customers to develop new opportunities.
- Champion the company’s community service efforts
- Effectively activate company marketing assets for territory
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of five to 10 years of sales management experience, preferably with channels. This individual will have previous success in a business services organization with a territory of $15+ Million.
Additional experience/skills include:
- Successful sales experience, both at individual performer and management level
- Strong interpersonal communications skills to develop solid, productive relationships at all levels, internally and with clients, customers, and vendors.
- A strong financial acumen to develop and execute sales budgets, ROI analysis and forecasting of territory potential.
- Solid negotiating skills to foster positive, long term relationships
- Experience in business planning and analysis
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products
Candidates must possess an appropriate undergraduate degree.
- High integrity leader with strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to motivate sales team and other colleagues
- Interfaces effectively with internal and external contacts
- Brings new ideas to table
- Ability to move from strategic to tactical with ease
- Ability to sort and prioritize
- Understands the impact of decisions to the bottom line
- Ability to delegate responsibility
- Strong follow up skills
- Team player