Service Desk Technician / Desktop Support Tech
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Full-time / Part-time
Tier II - No Credit Check
Provides second tier support (desktop/laptop/mobile devices) to 7th district customers. This individual is involved in the installation and rollout of hardware devices, software packages, and OS configurations. Individual maintains workstation hardware and software including the support of a mobile workforce. This person troubleshoots hardware and software problems using documented procedures and checklists as guides. Individual documents incidents and their resolutions completely and concisely. This individual escalates to senior members of team when necessary. The level of work required is considered intermediate and staff must be able to work under general supervision. This job does not have any direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support remotely or on-site for computing hardware (desktop, laptop, mobile devices, and peripherals), operating system, and software applications.
- Resolves and tracks service requests and service issues within incident management system.
- Images and configures systems, distributes hardware, and performs software installations.
- Provides technical documentation and training to peer service desk technicians on new software/hardware or issues.
- Works with external IT providers and vendors to resolve and escalate system issues.
- Participates on and leads district projects, assignments, and provides status reports.
- Researches problems and identifies trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree required (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- 3 to 5 plus years of direct work related experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates independent thinking and decision-making abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows troubleshooting and configuration
- Knowledge of PC hardware configuration and deployment
- Understanding of ITIL processes: Change Management, Problem Management, and Incident Management
- Knowledge of Active Directory, SCCM, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of languages such as VBScript, SQL, and Powershell
- Knowledge of network concepts and protocols such as DHCP, DNS, LDAP, and VPN
- Understanding of application development processes
- Strong phone/remote/on-site troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service and phone etiquette skills
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Technical certification is beneficial
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago - 17 months ago
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York works within the Federal Reserve System and with other public and private sector institutions to foster...