ROLE/ JOB SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for analyzing production processes, equipment, utilities, waste treatment facilities and infrastructure for the purpose of improving safety, quality and productivity by making changes to the equipment design or operational procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors or conducts observations and analysis of daily units production to determine the improvements needed.
- Interfaces collaboratively with other technology resources in the organization to bring appropriate resources into the unit to resolve problems beyond the scope of the production engineering position.
- Works closely with operations personnel to identify and resolve issues impacting operations.
- Assists in training operators to maximize safety, quality and productivity of the process.
- Analyzes work study data and equipment specifications to establish time and production standards.
- Applies mathematical analysis to determine validity and reliability of sampling and work study statistics.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures and training criteria for new and modified equipment to insure safe and efficient operation .
- Coordinates efforts with engineering to design and install new equipment.
- Aids in commissioning of new equipment, including writing procedures and training.
- Generate various production reports at intervals for management and other company divisions.
- Provide input into raw material inventory management, including RM specifications.
- Design and perform unit process experiments to optimize operations.
- Be a champion for the unit.
- Key resource for equipment, safety and production related issues.
- Spending approval as per the “Schedule of Financial Authority”
- Required to work on site.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Working knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma tools, Statistical Analysis, SPC Tools desirable.
- Working knowledge of other engineering disciplines.
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to plan and schedule individual workload without close supervision.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Engage and gain respect of hourly workforce.
- Will be required to make clear and convincing presentation of ideas in written and verbal forms.
- Ability to track a multitude of details without losing site of the overall end goal
- Active listening skills required.
- Ability to envision a desired end state and put activities in place to move the organization there.
- Must understand the long term needs of the customers, both internal and external, and be driven to meeting those needs.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (Certificates, Etc. ):
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Enhanced 401K Plan
- Education Assistance Plan
- Bonus Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. REC Silicon is an equal opportunity employer.