Value Stream Manager
Innovators with Insight
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is seeking a Value Stream Manager to join the team in Exeter, NH to provide leadership, global product direction and vision for the value stream. Guide a team that is charged with a value stream contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. Utilize a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Position Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following: Assume ownership and accountability of assigned Value Stream life cycle from strategic planning to tactical operations and exercising good project management skills to lead cross functional teams and influence support teams without formal authority
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Antenna Systems, Exeter Facility is part of the Cobham family of companies and joins over 10,000 employees on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenues in excess of $3B. Microwave Components, Exeter manufactures custom microwave components, integrated high performance assemblies and antennas for radar, electronic warfare and communications systems supporting the Aerospace and Defense Industries.
Value Stream Manager Key Responsibilities:
Value Stream Manager Requirements:
- Ensure successful operation of value stream results; including monitoring and achieving the sales and profit targets defined by the business plan, and the performance metrics established for the value stream
- Contribute to the strategic planning process
- Drive application of SOF, Continuous Improvement and implement appropriate HSE initiatives
- Oversee value stream production supervisors and coach value stream personnel
- Provide assistance and training to all value stream personnel. Manage individual and team performance.
- Overall capacity planning and allocation of resources to ensure customer requirements are met
- Oversee SIOP process for value stream; including reviewing forecasts and reports, and coordinating inputs from business development, manufacturing and engineering
- Spend time with customers, understand market and assist in developing innovate solutions to market problems
- Communicate with individuals at all levels of the company
- Support business development, field sales, and customer service activities.
- Assist with resolution of product and process problems, and improve performance of assigned product lines
- Travel to customer and supplier as necessary
Value Stream Manager Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree is required; Engineering Degree preferred
- 10+ years experience with manufacturing passive RF/microwave devices
- Experience with product management
- Experience with ERP or MRP systems and Planning tools required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of all business functions
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills of using product management tools, including: P&L, Income Statement, Market and Product Plans, Timelines, marketing research, product validity and financial models, capital budgeting, etc.
- Strong MS Office computer skills
- Able to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population (M/F/D/V)
- Defense experience preferred
- Ability to establish priorities and maintain multiple priorities and tasks at one time.
- Well-developed organizational and inter-personal skills. A self-starting and self-motivating individual with a positive attitude and influence on the organization.
Programme & Project Management
Cobham Antenna systems - Exeter
In the aerospace and defense industries Cobham is all over the map. Serving customers in more than a hundred countries, Cobham provides...