We are seeking a hardworking, motivated individual to provide full-time support as a Database Administrator. This position requires the individual to be proficient in understanding system architecture and database design for software solutions in order to meet business, functional, technical, performance, and security requirements. The position will be located in the DC Metro Area.
The Database Administrator will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance tuning on database systems
- Providing compliance with IT and computer-related issues
- Working directly with appropriate personnel to understand project concept, objectives, and approach
- Consulting with company personnel to determine functional and technical requirements for specified projects.
- Assisting in application and database design, development, and implementation
- Support various enterprise wide application development and implementation projects by managing database changes.
- Work with systems and operations, security, network infrastructure
- Managing database architecture, logical and physical data models, data integrity, data security, data administration, backup/restore and disaster recovery.
The following qualifications MUST be obtained in order to apply for these positions:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Science, or any related computer field, with knowledge in the development and maintenance of databases
- Experience: 3-5+ years of related experience
The ideal candidates will also meet the following qualifications:
- Experience with Windows 7
- Knowledge of 508 Compliance requirements
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Expertise in client/server and web-based applications
- Expertise in various databases (i.e. Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Ability to provide remote support
- Strong understanding of information technologies
- Strong communication skills (orally and in writing)
- Interpersonal and consultative skills
- Highly motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Excellent time and project management skills
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & 401(K)
Creative RNP is 8(a) and HUB-Zone certified by the SBA, in addition to being woman owned. Creative RNP has been implementing technology solutions using its core organizational values since 2006. Our employees have extensive experience in delivering services in the following areas: Information Technology, Enterprise Content Management, Software Development, and Consulting Services to clients such as the Department of Education, Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and Department of State.
Creative RNP is a provider of innovative and cutting edge technology solutions to a growing list of Federal Government agencies. The company name, "Creative RNP", reveals the core values and philosophy of the organization and its employees. Each technology solution offered to clients must: (1) Be "Creative", (2) Be informed by current "Research", (3) Utilize technological or human "Networks" to facilitate communication, and (4) Result in high "Performance" as documented by client feedback.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Indeed - 18 months ago