Business Initiatives Manager 3
7001 WESTOWN PKWY - WEST DES MOINES, IA
435 FORD ROAD - ST LOUIS PARK, MN
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision and design every product and service with our customers in mind. If it's not good for our customers, then it's not good for Wells Fargo.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We believe everyone on our team is important and deserves respect for who they are and how they contribute to our success.
The CLG team includes our home mortgage, home equity, consumer credit card, personal loans and lines, direct auto, dealer services and commercial auto, retail services and education financial services businesses.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance).
Our Fulfillment Team: Originates and services mortgage loans using fair and responsible lending practices to help turn houses into homes.
Wells Fargo Ventures, LLC is looking for a seasoned leader to manage a team of business initiatives managers who are responsible for driving medium to highly complex initiatives for Wells Fargo Ventures. This leader will provide comprehensive coordination and oversight for all business initiatives impacting the Wells Fargo Joint Venture business.
The Business Initiatives Manager will be responsible for senior level leadership of cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives that are significant in scope, complexity and risk. A team of business initiatives managers who are individual contributors will report to this position ( 5 to 7 direct reports).
This position will report to Senior Vice President of Wells Fargo Ventures and will work very closely with senior leadership in the organization to manage and execute against critical business initiatives and WFV projects. Will lead and ensure continuity of all major initiatives within Wells Fargo Ventures including but not limited to: sales programs, marketing and communication initiatives, fulfillment initiatives, coordination of Subject Matter Experts on national projects with Wells Fargo Ventures implications, etc.
- Overseeing projects with an eye towards having necessary controls in place to mitigate business risk.
- Developing and/or authorizing policies, procedures, and controls within the scope of initiatives to optimize business results while ensuring compliance with government regulations and enterprise policies.
- Building and maintaining strong partnerships and protocol with other PMOs that lead National Retail projects with the goal of having consistency in their procedures/approach where appropriate and transparency to their work.
- Creating and communicating dashboards/reports to show all of the change impacting users and all of the projects in the portfolio.
- Ensuring all WFV initiatives/programs/projects have clear success metrics and the status, issues, risks, resource needs, financials, implementation dates and impact to other projects are understood and communicated to the right projects teams and senior leaders across WFV.
- Creating reports to organize this data.
- Building and maintaining protocol to ensuring sure sponsors and projects teams are educated on other changes happening within the organization and how those changes may impact their initiative.
- Building and maintaining strong partnerships with project managers and resource managers throughout WFV to understand the resource needs of each initiative (skills, expertise, timing and numbers from various functions) and drive discussions to coordinate resolution of resource conflicts.
- Managing the process to secure field business resources needed for the success of projects.
- Managing all project business AUs.
8+ years in one or more of the following: project management, implementation or strategic planning, with 3+ years management of staff experience.
The primary location of this position will ideally be in the core mortgage hubs for Wells Fargo Ventures in Minneapolis or Des Moines. The location of this candidate in close proximity to other Wells Fargo Ventures support resources is critical to the success of this position.
This position will build and maintain relationships with several stakeholders including:
SSSO Project Management office that will continue to lead national initiatives and work closely with this leader; JV marketing and sales development team members; JV relationship managers; Marketing; Legal; RECOR; JV Compliance; JV Technology and Capital Markets; JV Support Group.
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Experience managing team members who lead business initiatives and projects.
- Strong project management leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically with attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships/partnerships.
- Exceptional organization, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiating experience with all levels of leadership.'
- Powerful and prolific communication skills with the ability to influence decision making.
- Ability to coach and mentor business initiatives manager and leaders on expected methodologies around effectively managing projects/initiatives/programs.
- Experience planning, organizing, managing and communicating progress on multiple initiatives and programs.
- Successful at turning preliminary or ambiguous information, ideas, or problem statements in to well defined plans and solutions.
- Effective interpersonal skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Mortgage industry experience.
- Experience leading a team who managed program/initiatives/projects.
- Demonstrate experience in coaching and developing managers to inspire and motivate other to high performance.
- Experience persuading, motivating and building consensus in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to effectively balance quality and short timelines and influence the appropriate direction for long term success.
Wells Fargo - 22 months ago
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...