United States - New York - White Plains - Sales - Part-time
Location:White Plains, NY
Position Type: Part-Time
The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY) is the largest producer of quality chocolate in North America and a global leader in chocolate and sugar confectionery. Headquartered in Hershey, Pa., The Hershey Company has operations throughout the world and more than 12,000 employees. With revenues of more than $5 billion, Hershey offers such iconic brands as Hershey’s, Reese’s, Hershey’s Kisses, Kit Kat, Twizzlers and Ice Breakers as well as the smooth, creamy indulgence of Hershey’s Bliss chocolates. Hershey is a leader in the fast-growing dark and premium chocolate segment, with such brands as Hershey’s Special Dark and Hershey’s Extra Dark. In addition, Artisan Confections Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hershey Company, markets such premium chocolate offerings as Scharffen Berger and Dagoba. For more than 100 years, The Hershey Company has been a leader in making a positive difference in the communities where we live, work and do business. The Milton Hershey School, established by the company’s founder in 1909, provides a nurturing environment, quality education, housing, and medical care at no cost to children in social and financial need. The School is administered by the Hershey Trust Company, Hershey’s largest shareholder, making the students of Milton Hershey School direct beneficiaries of Hershey’s success. Please visit us at www.thehersheycompany.com .
Retail Sales Merchandiser will sell and insure best in class merchandising to include building displays, packing out product, and replenishing permanent secondary displays and maintain salability of all authorized Hershey items.
The Retail Sales Merchandiser is a continuous part time position working 20-25 hours per week.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Sell and maintain 100% distribution of all "authorized" Hershey items in assigned territory.
- Ensuring flawless retail execution of Headquarter Sales and Merchandising Plans (Retail Execution Plan) with various retailers.
- Achieve all merchandising objectives through the effective use of Permanent Secondary Displays and other display vehicles established within the Retail Execution Plan.
- Reporting of weekly activity, expenses, competitive activity, account changes, promotions and all administrative functions within assigned territory.
- Reporting of daily activities through the use of Retail Handheld units, synchronizing upon completion of each day.
To view other opportunities, please visit us at: www.thehersheycompany.com/careers
- Valid driver's license without restrictions
- Personal vehicle in sound operating condition
- Proof of Insurance indicating minimum coverage of $300,000 per person / $300,000 per accident / $100,000 property damage
- Ability to use handheld computer unit
- Availability to work 20-25 hours per week. Regular work hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Must reside within the territory boundaries
- Access to land phone line or wireless internet to synchronize handheld computer unit on a daily basis.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-4yrs food merchandising preferred but not required
No phone calls accepted.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran Status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.
The Hershey Company - 3 years ago
The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY), headquartered in Hershey, Pa., is a global confectionery leader known for bringing goodness to the world...