Join our team and take your career to the next level. Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 48 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.
This is a position for a Data Applications Engineer in the Data Engineering organization. The candidate will be responsible for the design and deployment of ISP Data services such as AAA, Email, DNS, Network SLA monitoring, and web portals. The Engineer will also be responsible for building and maintaining code for backend business logic and processes. Principle responsibilities include identification and implementation of best practices with regards to software, web development, server deployments, as well as defining and socializing standards and requirements for successful implementation. Additional responsibilities include determining product capabilities, reducing capital and operational expenses, vendor management, performing trials and lab testing, and forecasting budget requirements. An Engineer at this level requires little instruction on day-to-day work.
- 4+ years experience developing multi-tiered highly available applications
- 2+ years experience SNMP data collection and SLA presentation systems
- 2+ years experience SAN administration (EMC preferred)
- 2+ years experience working with Redhat Linux (RHCSA or RHCE perferred)
- 2+ years experience building and customizing User Interfaces (UI)
- 2+ years script programming with PERL and shell scripting.
- Good understanding of telecommunications industry.
- Knowledgeable of accepted engineering practices
- Good analytical skills
- The ability to prioritize projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Education and Experience:
Education and Experience: College degree and 5-7 years experience or 9 + years equivalent related Engineering/Technical experience or a combination of education and related Engineering/Technical experience required.
The desired candidate should be able to demonstrate understanding of SAN, Redhat Linux, and IP networking. Additional valuable skills inlcude DNS, SNMP, Network Management Systems, web servers, E-mail, and LDAP. Ability to stay current with economical and technological developments in the industry is required for success.
Desired vendor/application experience:
- 2+ years experience in working with AAA radius systems
- 2+ years experience in working with subscriber management systems
- 2+ years experience in working with Procera software
- 2+ years experience in working with Infovista Software
- 2+ years experience in working with Monolith Software
- 2+ years experience in working with MySQL
- 2+ years experience in working with LDAP
- 2+ years experience in working with SLA reporting
- 2+ years experience with PHP
- 2+ years experience with VMware
- Proficient in TCP/IP networking and packet level debugging
- Openwave’s Email MX, Webedge, and Richmail products
- Hardware – HP, EMC, Brocade, Sun, Cisco, Juniper
Professional Dues Reimbursement
Career Development and Training
Paid Time Off
Medical and Dental Insurance Options
Prescription Drug Plan and Vision Coverage
Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) Plan With Employer Match
Experience the benefits of a growing company
For all that you put into your job, you deserve the best in return. From a friendly, team-based environment to progressive salaries and health plans, our benefits work hard for you. See for yourself.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE/AAP Employer.
There is no relocation package offered for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package,
and opportunities to grow your career within an excellent working environment.
WINDSTREAM IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Windstream Communications - 15 months ago
Windstream Corporation (Windstream) is a provider of telecommunications services in rural communities in the United States. The Company owns...