The Sr. Business Analyst Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Software Specialist is responsible for developing MES software applications using industry best practices. |
Writes code, mentors development teams, and reviews software being developed and deployed within the MES domain.
Works closely with software engineers and architects to ensure code alignment with design patterns and frameworks.
Works closely with control system engineers, middleware specialists, and ERP architects to ensure reliable and timely data flows between the various processing levels and environments.
Responsible for configuring all MES related Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) tools per agreed upon specifications for plant floor controls devices.
Accountable for maintaining the relationship with the end user (i.e. Business Team/Customer) in key business process flows.
Responsible for development of business process models, business requirements and user stories (functional and non-functional).
Investigates and learns business issues and data challenges and contributes to the identification of business strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
Works with the business community to ensure comprehensive user acceptance testing and training plans are developed and executed and to ensure the application is successfully transitioned into production for projects.
Assists the Business with problem and incident management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- At least 4-6 years of experience in software development/engineering with implementation experience across full lifecycle of software development
- Experience in designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages
- Strong expertise in software code analysis, requirements development, software review, identification of code metrics, and Object-Oriented Design and Analysis (OOD and OOA)
- Proven ability to evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation and to enforce standards
- Proven experience in defining, designing, and implementing reusable design patterns/frameworks and components
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective analysis skills for scrutinizing and evaluating product operation and interpreting into effective documentation
- Ability to ask tough questions and push back professionally and creatively to ensure the success of the organization and projects
- Comfort with presenting at the senior executive level
- High level of performance/delivery capability
- Experience with PLC coding standards such as Rockwell, Siemens, GE, Bosch
- Experience with Manufacturing Plant Floor technologies and the application of those technologies to key manufacturing environments
- Experience in interfacing between automation and IT systems, experience with manufacturing error proofing, quality control and SPC tools
- Expert understanding of Business Analyst Fundamentals
- Expert understanding of Writing and Managing Requirements documents
- Expert understanding of Business Process Modeling
- Expert understanding of business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry as a whole
- Creative problem solving and the ability to influence others. Strong capability to mentor others
- Knowledge of SAP software.
- Strategic agility - strong understanding of why projects are being done
Pioneer - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Forget T-bills and mutual funds. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, a subsidiary of chemical giant DuPont, boasts the best yields. One of the...